Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Purely theoretical considerations of two Attesas

The first one, because I usually try to avoid textured dials.

2. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    OK - I'll expose my ignorance...Why don't the IATA codes (and, by the way, I mildly object to using Metro Codes) NOT align well with the hour markers?
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

What Metro Codes are you talking about? (exposing my ignorance here).

In time zone setting mode you just point the second hand at your chosen code and the watch sets the time accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    What Metro Codes are you talking about? (exposing my ignorance here).

Things like ‘PDL’ for ‘Azores’. Not very intuitive, is it?

Ah, so that's a name for IATA codes I didn't know. Most of them actually are intuitive, a few I had to check yesterday to satisfy my curiosity. No strong preference -- they may be cryptic at times but so can be city names, and those will need a smaller font and two lines, usually.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Things like ‘PDL’ for ‘Azores’. Not very intuitive, is it?
    CHI, NYC were the first two to catch my eye - there are probably more. Looks like a desire to use City names, but be cool by using airport codes - except when the airport code is too obscure.

No fair saying "but there are several airports in those cities". There are several airports in just about every time zone. If you can choose NYC over ATL, then you can also choose JFK instead of LGA, EWR, or (worst choice - NYC).
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

One of my Kraków friends writes things like ‘When are you coming to KRK?’

Kirk? I’m not coming to Kirk, but I’ll be in Kraków next Tuesday.

9. Likes synequano liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Not a fan of either, because the city name clutter, but I would take the simple (top) one. I do like the even number markers on the second though. Otherwise the details of the second one are distracting.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

11. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Full city names rather than metro codes:

Which font do you fancy?

Font disease

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Full city names rather than metro codes:

Which font do you fancy?