Likes Likes:  35
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Further to our discussion of Rolex supply...

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post

The perfect Rolex collection...

2. Likes Cybotron, Dimman, crownpuller, OhDark30 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Stopped by Baron & Leeds today, a Rolex AD in Wailea. Only one full steel watch in the cases, a Milgauss. Everything else was precious metal or two tone. Did try this on and quite liked it, but at $15,200, it’s a bit too much for me.

Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

4. Likes happyscrappyheropup, gnuyork liked this post
    In the other thread, they talk about AD hoarding. At my two AD I'm pretty near the top of the food chain given past watches bought and there is nothing. Maybe they had one or two less ethical AD but I don't think this is a practice. as the article indicates. I'm trying to help a friend get a specific Datejust for her son and there are none. I've had AD run inventory even in a few major chain stores and zero available. If Rolex is on track to set a record this year, then everything must be sold through and not being hoarded. Now buyers seem to be dumping to grey dealers since they seem to have what has sold through the AD. When I picked up my Pepsi GMT Master II in May for the first time the AD insisted that they remove all of the stickers under the orders of Rolex. This was a first.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Just took this picture at Sidney Thomas in Boston, a pretty large AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But there was this guy ‘just passing’
    I hear he likes coffee and doughnuts..
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

7. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    In the other thread, they talk about AD hoarding. At my two AD I'm pretty near the top of the food chain given past watches bought and there is nothing. Maybe they had one or two less ethical AD but I don't think this is a practice. as the article indicates. I'm trying to help a friend get a specific Datejust for her son and there are none. I've had AD run inventory even in a few major chain stores and zero available. If Rolex is on track to set a record this year, then everything must be sold through and not being hoarded. Now buyers seem to be dumping to grey dealers since they seem to have what has sold through the AD. When I picked up my Pepsi GMT Master II in May for the first time the AD insisted that they remove all of the stickers under the orders of Rolex. This was a first.
    I heard about that sticker thing. There was also the fact to have the warranty card retained for 12 months and the hang tag with the serial number retained.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

I’m always interested to see what they have here in Kraków. There’s just one Rolex dealer, and they appear to have a decent selection of most things - with the exception of Subs and GMTs (and steel Daytonas, of course). Subs can be had with a wait time of ‘a few months’, so don’t quite make it to the display windows. As far as I can tell, there isn’t the same level of ‘must have mania’ in Poland.

Although I couldn’t speak for Warsaw. Things might be a little different there.

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Interesting. On Gemnation there are some steel men's Datejusts discounted 13%. Some Milgauss over retail, some a bit under. Sea Dweller 116660 9% under.

The thing is with the Grey's, I'm pretty sure they aren't stocking these, they get the sale then contact the AD they work with. So the hoarding is probably real for dealers that have Grey Market partners.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
    The thing is with the Grey's, I'm pretty sure they aren't stocking these, they get the sale then contact the AD they work with.

In the UK it can be a bit of both. When the dealer below, for example, says things are in stock they genuinely are. It’s a while since I bought my Datejust from them, but I think it was next day delivery.

https://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/in-stock.html

The current situation from one of the biggest Rolex AD in Australia is that even DD and DJ 41 have to be ordered. Nothing, and I mean nothing even semi-popular ever makes it to the display case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
    Interesting. On Gemnation there are some steel men's Datejusts discounted 13%. Some Milgauss over retail, some a bit under. Sea Dweller 116660 9% under.

The thing is with the Grey's, I'm pretty sure they aren't stocking these, they get the sale then contact the AD they work with. So the hoarding is probably real for dealers that have Grey Market partners.
    So I was by my AD today to put a few things on order given there is nothing to lose just putting my name on the waiting list for a few things I might want in the next few years. While I was there discussing Rolex supply he told me to address the grey dealers and the potential hoarding they have new stock tracking system. They are required quite frequently to scan in inventory and scan out as items are sold. In addition, Rolex are sending in secret shoppers to ADs knowing what they do have so if it is missing from normal store sales or being hoarded the AD could face loosing their dealership or be cut off form prime models. So my guess is Grey suppliers have to wait just like everyone else, but probably have some preferential treatment due to the numbers they have bought. The thing is even major chain AD don't have watches. So they can't be getting much?

Tried a new black Oyster Perpetual while there. The starburst black dial looks grey under some light and in the case. Also tried this new dial variation (uses the black dial from the all rose gold with rubbers strap Yachtmaster) on the two-tone steel and rose gold Yachtmaster.
    Name:  56470002499__9FF457D4-1E09-4D11-935B-63BF38456A86.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  72.4 KBName:  IMG_0130.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  55.6 KB
    Last edited by Samanator; Nov 24, 2018 at 01:51 AM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

14. Likes Dimman, Cybotron, mlcor, gnuyork liked this post