Likes Likes:  35
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Further to our discussion of Rolex supply...

Quote Originally Posted by synequano View Post
    One of the reason why 216570 doesn't sell is the size

I think that will be true for many, but the Explorer II has been a slow mover since it’s inception. It’s one of those models that becomes more popular (with enthusiasts) once it’s been superseded by a newer version.

2. Likes CFR liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I think that will be true for many, but the Explorer II has been a slow mover since it’s inception. It’s one of those models that becomes more popular (with enthusiasts) once it’s been superseded by a newer version.
    And now the 16570 is gaining in price. Some site wrote an article about it a few months back.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Interesting that the Explorer II just feels so perfect to me and all the elements just seem sized just right. It makes the GMT Master II and the Sub seem very undersized to me and the primary reason I let my BLNR go. I want to point out only the grey market is charging over retail for Rolex, and not the AD who is selling at retail.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I want to point out only the grey market is charging over retail for Rolex, and not the AD who is selling at retail.

In fact, Rolex price increases have been remarkably modest in the period that they have been scarce. I think I’m right in saying that the UK’s 5% rise in October was the first in two years. In all probability, that rise hardly accounted for inflation and the value of the pound against the Swiss franc. Rolex hasn’t exploited the situation at all. Patek Philippe whacked on 20%.

Further to our discussion of Rolex supply...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    In fact, Rolex price increases have been remarkably modest in the period that they have been scarce. I think I’m right in saying that the UK’s 5% rise in October was the first in two years. In all probability, that rise hardly accounted for inflation and the value of the pound against the Swiss franc. Rolex hasn’t exploited the situation at all. Patek Philippe whacked on 20%.
    Patek increased prices on a couple of Nautilus. There was no price rise across the board.

Rolex ADs have not been changing more than the RRP (at least in the US), but it is not uncommon for them to say something like “buy a PM Rolex (no discount) and I can get you a Hulk (or whatever) in a few months.”

Quote Originally Posted by TJMike5150 View Post
    Patek increased prices on a couple of Nautilus. There was no price rise across the board.
    Ah. Didn’t realise that.

Quote Originally Posted by TJMike5150 View Post
    Rolex ADs have not been changing more than the RRP (at least in the US), but it is not uncommon for them to say something like “buy a PM Rolex (no discount) and I can get you a Hulk (or whatever) in a few months.”
    Yes, and that’s deplorable. Not part of any Rolex strategy though, and people tend to conflate AD practice with Rolex practice.

In my country,you can only buy sport Rolex if you buy in bundle,minimum price of the bundle should be around 250 millions rupiah (roughly 17k usd)