Likes Likes:  9

Thread: **** Hamilton khaki field Quartz 38mm Watch with Leather Strap H68411533. review ****

**** Hamilton khaki field Quartz 38mm Watch with Leather Strap H68411533. review ****

Name:  DSCF1325.jpg
Views: 1581
Size:  32.5 KB

Well bought this a few weeks back and always wanted to try a hammy and well I had very mixed feeling on this when it arrived I was a bit critical unfairly so ? not sure really as if you compare it to something else what ever watch it might be favouritism can creep in I compared it to my beloved cwc so to some I could have been over critical so I will try and review it as none judgemental as I can on sheer fact and feeling of this model on it own, not against other similar looking watches.

that being said it will be honestly how I feel on it

Where to begin first for a Hamilton ( my first ) it is over all one of the cheaper of their makes ok but the generic or they call it general instruction Manuel I find annoying as it was used for it seems lots of different models you have to look through loads of different models to find your one,( if their had been a Manuel done just for simple movement and then one for complications maybe not minded as much ) it has everything from 3 handier to chronic and that said had very limited info. when you do find it half a paragraph from memory )

Boxes was good both inner and outer and are strong well made and look very presentable now on to the watch itself ..

Name:  DSCF1276.jpg
Views: 1105
Size:  86.9 KBName:  DSCF1279.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  26.5 KB

I choose the quartz model only because I saw a deal on one that if not suited to me I could hope break even on moving it on so this is just on the quartz 38mm review only ..

So to the watch over all got to be honest it ant bad if I had not got the cwc then I think I would have loved it more so the dial had both 12 hour and 24hr read out on the black background and is clear to read even in low light, the hands are pretty decent to not bad shape and are lumed it has the date at three. Not bad but I would lean to a none date by choice I think if I went for another and would be a mech version too ( but that just my tastes ). it also has a Slide-rule on the dial I believe thats the right term for the marking on the outer edge of the dial ? .

Name:  DSCF1296.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  130.7 KB

The case is well made believe it to be ss in a gun metal colour with a slightly oversized sign crown the case is a good shape and size feel comfortable on, it has a nice decorate back with Hamiltonian on it and some basic watch info and is a screw-back type.

Name:  DSCF1291.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  87.9 KB

Name:  DSCF1317.jpg
Views: 1208
Size:  35.0 KB

The strap is leather and branded on the strap and the gun metal buckle and seem of decent quality I choose to swap it out to a lighter colour strap from diloy ..

Watch Information

Brand Name Hamilton
    Material Type Sapphire
    Display Type Analogue
    Clasp Type Buckle
    Case Material Stainless Steel
    Case Diameter 38 millimetres
    Case size Medium
    Case Thickness 8 millimetres
    Band Material Leather
    Band Width 20 millimetres
    Band Colour black branded leather with branded buckle plus a hand made diloy leather strap
    Dial Colour Black
    Calendar Date
    Movement Quartz

So over all view of it got to say it one that will grow over time from a certain appeal to a more stronger feeling I think it will not be a wow one to some but when you start to look closer at the details like it has the record like pattern on the dial around the 12 hour clock face then the 24hr part of the dial being a slightly shine disc it looks, then the slide ruler matching the look of the centre gives it a hidden depth and instead of a solid one colour black dial. not to heavy and is general pretty comfortable on the wrist so yes think I would have been more in amour with it.. if not for my love of the cwc.

yes I know the dial is different to a cwc and it is different in other ways too my thinking was more size both 38mm both military dials both quartz both gun metal in colour both having black dials over sized crowns thou the hammy is more noticeable and probably more pronounced.

Final thought if you are into fairly affordable quartz military looking watches you will probably love it, and it does hold a certain amount of charm and feel fairly quality for a lighter feeling watch ( as is the case on most quartz watches ) so yeah over all quite a decent attempt at the military look at not overly expensive price but still not that cheap when you could have some of this with a seiko 5 military and in mech for a ton .. but at the same time not overly expensive for something for a bit special occasion or for every day hard work to I suppose for some ,

As always Ismy
    Last edited by is that my watch; Dec 30, 2018 at 05:34 PM. Reason: typo
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

A nice little casual watch, thanks for the review.
    Didn't MacGyver wear something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    it also has a Slide-rule on the dial I believe thats the right term for the marking on the outer edge of the dial ? .
    Nope, it's not a slide rule.
    I think they're commonly referred to as 'tick marks' or 'sub-second markers/hashes', but not sure if these are correct names.
    And there's not much point in having them on a 1s-tick quartz.

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    A nice little casual watch, thanks for the review.
    Didn't MacGyver wear something similar?

Nope, it's not a slide rule.
    I think they're commonly referred to as 'tick marks' or 'sub-second markers/hashes', but not sure if these are correct names.
    And there's not much point in having them on a 1s-tick quartz.
    well on one of the specs it call it a slide ruler but was not sure myself ? not I suppose it was that important to a point will modified it when we see what member caller it ? oh and one of the reason it will be going for sale soon too

oh and MacGyver well depends which version of gyver you are watching let me find a link I once saw. oh and I think anderson wore a timex field
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

yep here you

Watches
    Timex Military Field Watch
    In the first 3 seasons MacGyver wore this watch. There are scenes in the first few episodes where the exact model of the watch changes, but still remains a military styled watch.
    Trooper Watch
    Seen in the season 2 episode for love or money. This Military Field styled watch made by Trooper appears to have been used as a stand in for the Timex Military watch MacGyver normally wore.
    Casio DW-1000 digital watch
    In the episode Countdown MacGyver wore this Casio watch which provided him with a countdown function. The watch appears to have had tape placed over the top of the screen to hide the branding name and details.
    Seiko S23204J Watch
    Worn during the 4th season, it seems that the watch-face may have been blacked out to hide the branding of the watch. The metal strap has also been replaced with a black leather strap.
    Breitling Callisto Chrono Watch
    Worn intermittently during the 5th season. This watch appears to have been a substitute for the Seiko and may have been Richard Dean Anderson's own watch.
    Victorinox Swiss Army Watch
    In strictly business we see MacGyver wearing a Swiss Army Watch "original" which has the distinctive red band around the face of the watch.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

5. Likes rodia77, synequano liked this post
    oh and I suppose should do a pic or two of the original strap that came with it

Name:  DSCF1304.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  47.7 KBName:  DSCF1305.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  42.2 KB
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Thanks for the review, Ismy.

8. Likes is that my watch liked this post