Likes Likes:  17,773
Page 1297 of 1365 FirstFirst ... 2977971197124712871295129612971298129913071347 ... LastLast
Results 12,961 to 12,970 of 13646

Thread: Random watch thread 2

Blog Entries
    One of my favorite things to do when watching cooking shows is watch peeping. Lately, I’ve been going backwards through Top Chef and love to see what watches the contestants and, more often, the judges wear. Padma in late seasons often wears vintage Rolex, but in this season 8 episode, I noticed late chef Anthony Bourdain wearing a very rarely spotted TAG Heuer Monaco Cal.12 in blue, which he apparently wore multiple times in his own show.

Name:  IMG_3524.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  81.6 KB
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

3. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    One of my favorite things to do when watching cooking shows is watch peeping. Lately, I’ve been going backwards through Top Chef and love to see what watches the contestants and, more often, the judges wear. Padma in late seasons often wears vintage Rolex, but in this season 8 episode, I noticed late chef Anthony Bourdain wearing a very rarely spotted TAG Heuer Monaco Cal.12 in blue, which he apparently wore multiple times in his own show.

Name:  IMG_3524.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  81.6 KB
    Bourdain was quite the collector. He was big on Panerai, Rolex, and Pateks.
    Cheers,

Richard

5. Likes Mediocre, Raza, wschofield3 liked this post
    Savagely Average
    I saw this as well. As a Vario fan, I found it an interesting approach. They always seem to sell out quickly, so I was surprised to see it, as I did not understand the value

I did appreciate it though. Having visited snd audited factories worldwide, China has the ability to do it as well as anyone (if they so choose)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    Bourdain was quite the collector. He was big on Panerai, Rolex, and Pateks.
    I had no idea. I never really got into the food and chef personalities until probably around the time he died, other than following the American Iron Chefs.

Earlier in season 8, I spotted a Chinese chef/guest judge wearing the old 40mm Sea Dweller. It almost threw me off because it looked, at a distance, that the 3 o’clock marker was not in the correct position, then I spotted the HEV on the side of the case and realized that the marker was actually the date window. It’s a real secondary hobby of mine on these shows.

8. Likes Mediocre, Cybotron, wschofield3 liked this post
    Name:  IMG_9647.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  159.7 KB

Good for him.

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

https://gshock.casio.com/us/products...xternalId=2FHM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes Mediocre, Raza, rodia77, wschofield3 liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post

That would fill with sweat in one workout lol

14. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post

I have to say, this is the first G-Shock offering that has been interesting to me in a long time. The G-Shock aesthetic is sometimes, perhaps, a little too utilitarian for my snobbish tendencies, which pushed me to Suunto instead, which has a more refined look. But the number one thing that has always kept me away from trying G-Shock again has been the resin material, which irritates my skin to the point where I think I might have a slight allergy to something in their formula. But with a strap like this, no resin will actually touch my skin.

It’s also an interesting take on the bio-ceramic motif that we’ve seen in the more expensive Moonswatch and Swatchy Fathoms (what are we calling them again?). I’m still not sure the snob in me would be satisfied with a G-Shock the way I would with a Swatch that says Omega or Blancpain on it, but it’s certainly more appealing than the other G-Shock offerings.

16. Likes Mediocre, skywatch, rodia77, wschofield3 liked this post