Likes Likes:  289
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your BRASS/Bronze watches HERE (my First Brass watch - Armida A8)

Hybrid View

Post your BRASS/Bronze watches HERE (my First Brass watch - Armida A8)

11 days ago mlcor PM me that he have something on its way to Jakarta and it was a surprise.. he don't say much about it just told me to not get to excited since it was not like a new Rolex... hmmm.. not a NEW Rolex? so it must be vintage one and it is even better!!
    kidding aside i know it must be a watch, but to avoid jinx it, we use the code name "Purple Tutu"..

last night the package arrived.. and it delivered thru UPS! wow! it really make me feel like a hot-shot!
    and i jump in joy to see that i just got my first brass watch! with notes from mlcor that after he saw the brass/bronze thread, he want me to give this lovely brass Armida some wrist time and experiment with it.. and this gift really make my Christmas! Christmas come early to cheer me up!

the Fancy package arrived.. my first UPS package ever!
    Name:  DSCN9039.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  75.9 KB

mlcor didn't include straps, but that's not a problem for me..

this morning,i put it on my older distressed strap that i used to wear for my SKX007 and the combo seem match!
    Name:  DSCN9051.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  111.6 KB

Name:  DSCN9048.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  68.2 KB

Name:  DSCN9080.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  112.8 KB

this wear very BIG for 43mm watch since it has long lug to lug and rather flat profile.. i have a very small 6,5" wrist .. BUT i don't care.. IT IS A COOL WATCH!
    Name:  DSCN9092.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  62.1 KB

different angle perspective.. how does it look on my wrist?
    Name:  DSCN9085.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  61.7 KB

it is a gorgeous strap model... the watch is solidly built.. when i receive it last night, all i did was just clean it with brush, water and soap.. i know it will get patina here the more i wear it..
    i wont polish it.. let it patina naturally... no i'm not tempted to was an egg for it..

thank you so much for making Christmas mlcor.. what a spirit lifting gift! i will cherish the watch and will always be part of my collection until someday i pass it to my son..

so guy, could u join me ans post your brass/bronze watch? thank u very much everybody!

======================
    oh here's the lume shot and how it look on mlcor wrist when he just got it in Aug'14

I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

Here's mine. Quite appropriate since it is Flieger Friday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Wow, that looks terrific on that strap, and actually it doesn't look that large on you.

I did everything I could to make sure it would get to you and not attract the attention of thieves. I took the strap off (knowing you would take care of that!) so I could fit it in a small box, and picked a very unassuming generic box. I even described it as a "watch for repair" on the customs form, hoping anyone that got curious would lose interest once they saw it was "broken."

I hope you have fun experimenting with it, and it already looks like a great strap model. The build quality is extremely good, and you've already demonstrated how good the lume is. However, I'm pretty sure you won't be able to take a picture like this with it where you live:

Name:  Snow 3 small.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  86.7 KB

Happy (and relieved) it made it, and I'm glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Wow, that looks terrific on that strap, and actually it doesn't look that large on you.

I did everything I could to make sure it would get to you and not attract the attention of thieves. I took the strap off (knowing you would take care of that!) so I could fit it in a small box, and picked a very unassuming generic box. I even described it as a "watch for repair" on the customs form, hoping anyone that got curious would lose interest once they saw it was "broken."

I hope you have fun experimenting with it, and it already looks like a great strap model. The build quality is extremely good, and you've already demonstrated how good the lume is. However, I'm pretty sure you won't be able to take a picture like this with it where you live:

Happy (and relieved) it made it, and I'm glad you like it!
    Thank you very much mlcor! yes the watch have been keeping great time and i'm amazed haw fast it begin to "dull' due to the humidity and climate here.. very cool and fun!
    as for the picture.. i do remember see that picture in the early day of IWL.. isn't it when after that you drop the watch in the snow?
    no i can not take a picture like that in my place, even in a million year... BUT, if i ever go to USA, i will bring the watch and replicate that picture myself!
    i think this is a perfect vacation watch.. it is legible, strong, bold, and make moments even more memorable!
    once again thank you so much my friend, i really appreciate your generous gesture... thank u very much for making my Christmas..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

5. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Congratulations (again ) Iyonk and enjoy your new watch - let the patina begin.

Kudos to Mr Mlcor. Wonderful gesture, Sir.

P.S.: And now, let me find a pic of my Ventus that I haven't posted yet.

7. Likes mlcor, iyonk, Jazzmaster, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Found one: here it is

Name:  Ventus_Mori_30a.JPG
Views: 177
Size:  421.6 KB

Fits very nicely, I think.
    Very nice gesture indeed.

10. Likes iyonk, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    That Armida looks absolutely stunning on your distressed strap, iyonk! Alas, I have no bronze or brass watch to share (although the recent Evant was very tempting...) I suspect the Java climate should get that patina very quickly for you. I look forward to seeing others in this thread.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

12. Likes iyonk, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    That's awesome.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

14. Likes iyonk, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Ace iyonk

Bronzegate ageing

Name:  BILD3192.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  75.1 KBName:  BILD3189.jpg
Views: 165