Likes Likes:  67
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Russian Chat Thread 2019

Disturbing to see less choice , higher prices, and more cases/dials without movements

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/RUSCAMERA-STORE

Igor has access afaik , so if he can't get sounds as though old stock's running out

can't believe how low the 3133 are now

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/80s-CCCP-...torefresh=true
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I think I might use this as the base to a new build. Does anyone know the case number? (I know I'm being lazy lol) looking at parts and I could put in a new automatic movement, dial, hands and bezel pretty cheap and essentially have a brand new watch.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    Check you my youtube channel - Blanchy Talks Watches

Quote Originally Posted by Blanchy View Post
    I think I might use this as the base to a new build. Does anyone know the case number? (I know I'm being lazy lol) looking at parts and I could put in a new automatic movement, dial, hands and bezel pretty cheap and essentially have a brand new watch.

think it is a 090 case type
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

5. Likes Blanchy, DJW GB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    think it is a 090 case type
    Cheers mate I just need to make sure the parts work in the case then I'll look at ordering them

I'll eventually get a mod done haha

7. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanchy View Post
    Cheers mate I just need to make sure the parts work in the case then I'll look at ordering them

I'll eventually get a mod done haha

depend thou as looks to be an old one you got.. so watch the fit as can't remember which way round it is but new and vintage vostok are slightly different so they fit one way but not the other got half a dozen dials and hand set for a vostok and remember that they would not fit each others cases modern vs vintage ...

sold a load of parts and gifted a few a to djw so he might have a better understanding of this ? ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

I think the winding stem is longer on the 090 case and a deeper case back for the auto movement . If that's any help. I think the spacer is the thing that will be the thing to get right.

Billy super duper

10. Likes Blanchy liked this post
    I did a bit of tinkering with my vostoks this evening, I put the original bezel back on radio room and put the seiko bezel on the vintage 090 I found a cheap Russian strap in my box and I think it's great on the 090.

I've been looking at vostok parts today and I think my best bet would be buying a second hand modern amphibian and changing the dial and bezel.

I still think I want to get a red bezel for the radio room

12. Likes DJW GB, Strela167 liked this post
    After looking long and hard at my collection I've decided to get a few more vostoks, I've only bought one watch is the past 4ish years (citizen eco drive). Much of my collection doesn't get worn daily due to commuting on a motor bike and rain always being a possibility.

I've wanted to build my own watch for years and I finally decided to build a seiko diver.... Unexpected expenses came up and I thought I'd go for a parnis/Chinese watch as a cheaper option, while looking at parts etc I realised that if it's not a diver it probably won't be worn enough and then I thought of vostok.

I've probably bought and sold around 40 vintage vostoks and I've always loved the feel of them and how they fit. Looking at all the mod options I think it makes sense to mod one to my taste.

First up is my radio room I've ordered a red bezel for it so we'll see how that turns out. I think I'll keep the 090 as it is for now, I really like it with the bezel. I want to mod/build a scuba dude maybe in a brushed 090 case with a green bezel and green second hand I'll see if I can get a good deal on a modern one and go from there

14. Likes DJW GB, Strela167 liked this post
    After a bit of a clean this left over from more for a score is running slightly fast but ok . The dial though under a loupe is all brown/gold but a foot away is blue at the edges , I quite like it. But what colour should it be?

Billy super duper

16. Likes Strela167 liked this post