Likes Likes:  680
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 10,000 posts Giveaway!

Smile 10,000 posts Giveaway!

Being here almost from the beginning and having already a bit over 10,000 posts, I decided it was time to give something back to this community. Following other similar initiatives and given the permission by IWL, I will give one of my watches away.

Here is the watch: Longines Heritage 1954

Name:  Longines Heritage 1954_38.JPG
Views: 368
Size:  421.7 KB

In order to respect the laws concerning the protection of the species, I will only send the head of the watch – the original alligator leather strap is NOT included – but I'll add the signed buckle.

Name:  Longines Heritage 1954_23.JPG
Views: 387
Size:  254.4 KB

Name:  Longines Heritage 1954_27.JPG
Views: 427
Size:  416.6 KB

Name:  Longines Heritage 1954_33.JPG
Views: 379
Size:  457.2 KB

Terms and conditions:

In all fairness, I felt some simple rules should apply. Therefore, all members are welcome to play this game as long as:

1. They were already active members before January, 1st(2019)
    2. They had a minimum of 100 posts in February, 1st(2019)

How to participate:
    If you want to participate, reply to this thread, clearly declaring you're in or something like that.

And the winner is…?
    As we all know, all posts in a thread have a sequential number (placed above right). I'll ask a highly sophisticated and intelligent software (my wife ) to pick up a number at random from that group. That's how we'll all know who will be the winner.

Good luck and let's enjoy the game.

Name:  Longines Heritage 1954_34a.JPG
Views: 420
Size:  288.6 KB

The game starts NOW and ends March, 4th @ 1:00 GMT.

Cheers, C

P.S.: Questions? Feel free to ask.
    Last edited by CFR; Feb 3, 2019 at 06:23 PM.

Congratulations on 10,000 posts C. You can count me in.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

3. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Congratulations on 10,000 posts C. You can count me in.
    Thank you, Henry.

That’s quite a generous gift, C, a beautiful watch. I’m sure you can guess that given my current desire to slim down my collection, I’m not going to throw my name in the hat, but congratulations, and I know the lucky winner will be incredibly happy with your generosity.

6. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    That’s quite a generous gift, C, a beautiful watch. I’m sure you can guess that given my current desire to slim down my collection, I’m not going to throw my name in the hat, but congratulations, and I know the lucky winner will be incredibly happy with your generosity.
    Thank you, mlcor.

8. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Just a few more details on the watch:

Case: 40mm
    Lugs: 20mm
    Movement: Eta/ Valjoux 7750 - automatic chronograph with seconds/minutes/hours/day/date functions.
    WR: 50m
    The movement runs well within specs - no need for a service anytime soon.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on 10k posts! That's an exquisite watch, a very generous offer. You can count me in, although I certainly don't deserve it.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

11. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Congratulations on 10k posts! That's an exquisite watch, a very generous offer.
    Thank you, Robert.

13. Likes skywatch liked this post
    That's a hell of a watch for a giveaway. I'm in.

Looks like I'm gradually approaching 1000, and might have to think about something myself.

15. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
    That's a hell of a watch for a giveaway. I'm in.
    Thank you, Dimman.

17. Likes Dimman liked this post