Likes Likes:  474
Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitness thread

I bought some new running shoes today and to test them, I did my very first 10k. Slowly of course, trying to stay in a lower heart beat range. I was glad to manage that distance at all, after just restarting my running since the end of January.
    Last edited by Sedi; Mar 8, 2024 at 05:47 PM.
    Cheers, Sedi

2. Likes happyscrappyheropup, Kronos liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    I bought some new running shoes today and to test them, I did my very first 10k. Slowly of course, trying to stay in a lower heart beat range. I was glad to manage that distance at all, after just restarting my running since the end of January.
    10k in New shoes as a test? Bold start!

4. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    10k in New shoes as a test? Bold start!
    Thanks! I did another 10k the next day. But I dialed back a little to not overstrain the tendons and joints and my knees. Still at 95 kg (209 lbs) at the moment, even though that is already 15 kg (33 lbs) less than in the fall and the weight is constantly falling.
    The short-term goal is 85 kg (187 lbs), the long-term goal is 75 kg (165 lbs) which has always been my ideal weight in my 20s. I try to reach that maybe within a year. Shouldn't be too unfeasible or too fast.
    Cheers, Sedi

6. Likes Kronos, Mediocre liked this post
    Back at the climbing gym after 2 months off and 3 consecutive injuries. Feels good!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

8. Likes Sedi, Fantasio, Mediocre liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks! I did another 10k the next day. But I dialed back a little to not overstrain the tendons and joints and my knees. Still at 95 kg (209 lbs) at the moment, even though that is already 15 kg (33 lbs) less than in the fall and the weight is constantly falling.
    The short-term goal is 85 kg (187 lbs), the long-term goal is 75 kg (165 lbs) which has always been my ideal weight in my 20s. I try to reach that maybe within a year. Shouldn't be too unfeasible or too fast.
    I'm on a similar trajectory -- without the running, my IT band and other sundry parts have ruled out running, but not hiking or long distance walking.

I'm about 15lbs heavier than you are at the moment but with a similar initial goal. My longer term goal will be establishing that I can maintain that weight. If so, maybe dropping another 10lbs or so to the low 170's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes Sedi, Mediocre liked this post
    @Kronos
    Sounds like a good plan. Walking burns almost as much calories as running, at least according to the Garmin app. I took a 7 km walk with my wife and the Garmin Fenix claimed it burned 600 kcal. Just takes a bit longer of course.
    I mainly run to get the heart beating a bit faster because of the clogged artery. But it doesn't really burn that much more kcal.
    I haven't tried the swimming app on the watch so far. I'm guessing that should also be pretty good at burning kcal. And easy on the joints.
    They finally re-opened the public swimming pool where I live. It had been closed since we moved here in 2017. It seems they ran out of money while doing the renovation.
    Cheers, Sedi

12. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    New post-pandemic PR on squat this morning! It actually was not in my original plan, but reps were feeling better than expected. Jumped at the opportunity!

Name:  20240314_093131.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  129.6 KB

385 lbs or 174.6kg

14. Likes geoffbot, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Savagely Average
    @Kronos
    Sounds like a good plan. Walking burns almost as much calories as running, at least according to the Garmin app. I took a 7 km walk with my wife and the Garmin Fenix claimed it burned 600 kcal. Just takes a bit longer of course.
    I mainly run to get the heart beating a bit faster because of the clogged artery. But it doesn't really burn that much more kcal.
    I haven't tried the swimming app on the watch so far. I'm guessing that should also be pretty good at burning kcal. And easy on the joints.
    They finally re-opened the public swimming pool where I live. It had been closed since we moved here in 2017. It seems they ran out of money while doing the renovation.
    Great news on the pool! We go to our local pool regularly. Great exercise and much easier on the knees

16. Likes Sedi, Kronos liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    New post-pandemic PR on squat this morning! It actually was not in my original plan, but reps were feeling better than expected. Jumped at the opportunity!

Name:  20240314_093131.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  129.6 KB

385 lbs or 174.6kg
    Might impressive
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

18. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Might impressive
    How you feeling after some climbing?