Likes Likes:  696
Page 145 of 246 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2454

Thread: Movies / Films / Flicks

I watched ready player one yesterday . Altough it wasn't a bad movie, it was underwhelming to me. I have read the book last year and had (too?) high expectations. They skipped the coolest passages from the book, husseled the sequences of the events and changed the ending. Ofcourse if you did not read the book you won't notice, but you only get half the story IMO..

Name:  index.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  12.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    I watched ready player one yesterday . Altough it wasn't a bad movie, it was underwhelming to me. I have read the book last year and had (too?) high expectations. They skipped the coolest passages from the book, husseled the sequences of the events and changed the ending. Ofcourse if you did not read the book you won't notice, but you only get half the story IMO..

I enjoyed it!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

3. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I enjoyed it!
    I enjoyed it too, only, the book is much better

Blog Entries
    Watching The Hitman’s Bodyguard right now. It’s basically everything that’s wrong with action movies in one movie.

https://youtu.be/7ZrrlP9Zl38?t=44s

Just watch that part right there. The one explosion. Yes, not only does a car explode for no reason, it’s also done in terrible, one cut above cable made-for-TV CGI.

I wonder if we’ll ever have another great car chase movie. Sure, Baby Driver was an excellent driving movie, but its strength in choreography also sort of keeps it from being a great chase movie—Baby is too good, the car chases don’t feel like chases, they feel more like ballet. Much like Ang Lee’s BMW film Chosen, but with less grit. A little too much polish when you compare it to something like Ronin, Bullitt, or The French Connection. Marvel’s movies have had some good car chases, but they often border on the fantastic, so they’re not nearly as visceral as the aforementioned.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

6. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    had fun watching Juan of the Dead ok sub titles but still was fun to see a Cuban take on the old zombie movie theme
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    had fun watching Juan of the Dead ok sub titles but still was fun to see a Cuban take on the old zombie movie theme
    Is that based on Shaun of the Dead or is the title just coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Is that based on Shaun of the Dead or is the title just coincidence?
    well I was thinking dawn of the dead but now you come to mention it ... it did have a lot in common with the Shaun of the dead comedy horror ... you might well be right
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I watched the movie last night and like you I read the book and was underwhelmed. The book had so much depth that would have been impossible to bring to the screen in a single movie.

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    I watched the movie last night and like you I read the book and was underwhelmed. The book had so much depth that would have been impossible to bring to the screen in a single movie.
    As soon as I finished reading the book, I said out loud “I hope they never make this into a movie”.

When I found out Spielberg was making the movie I had a glimmer of hope. I liked some of his earlier work but the last decade it seems like he's tending toward Michael Bay--big and flashy but light on substance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    As soon as I finished reading the book, I said out loud “I hope they never make this into a movie”.
    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk