Likes Likes:  687
Page 162 of 245 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2443

Thread: Movies / Films / Flicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    Keenan Wynn "...you will have to answer to Coca-Cola..." or something like that.

Kubrick knew how to film it!
    not sure i liked kubrick way of filming on some of his films, yet on others it was amazing

think more a alfred hitchcock fan well any decent old B&W really think it is so easy to make movies today the art has gone out of it same with stars ..some of the idiots that are classed as celebrity's these days

most of the time I'm like who are they

give me the late greats any day I was watching the ghost and mr chicken early and now watching how to steal a million ah Audrey
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    Most of my favorite movies were made before 1960.
    yeah think 50's and 60's are my fav but got a lot of 30's and 40's movies too
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    The Force Awakens was basically a remake. Sure the special effects are light years ahead of the original, but other than that it was a movie I had already seen many, many times as child.

I get it, you love TLJ, however that doesn't mean it wasn't polarizing for Star Wars fan. Many people didn't like the movie. At present it's sitting at 45% on Rotten Tomatoes.

While Rogue One was a very well made, I really didn't care about any of the characters. The only character who was remotely interesting was a robot! You called Solo a unnecessary fan service. That is exactly what Rogue One is. Who was asking for a movie to slot between 2 different trilogies? The Star Wars franchise stubbornly clings to the past. The only time they try something new is to kill off a legacy character.
    Okay, so the audience score is 45% on RT. But, the DVD and blu-ray sales were chart topping (though less than TFA, yes). So how does that track? And frankly, I take critic reviews a lot more seriously than audience reviews. There's "I like this or I don't like this" and "This is good or this is bad" and they don't always have anything to do with one another. Most people don't get that. Let's take 2 Fast 2 Furious. I like it. But it's bad. And let's look at The Babadook. I don't like it. But it's very good. Most people can't make that distinction. They think that if they like something, that it's good or that if they don't like something, that it must be bad. That's just not how it works. Some Star Wars fans could not have been pleased--if it were a rehash, like TFA was, they'd have torn it apart. If it were original, new, and unexpected, they'd have torn it apart too. So they went for unexpected. And it was expertly crafted.

Rogue One was also unnecessary, sure. But unlike Solo, it was at least well done. Flawed, yes--it demands multiple viewings to get a proper feel for the characters because the pacing was a bit off--it doesn't let you get too involved with the character upon the first viewing.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Good question. I thought The Quiet Place was really, fun and unique. I've never sat in a movie theater where the movie, and the audience were completely silent.
    The Quiet Place was great! I wish I'd been able to see it in theaters.

Seen Captain Marvel yet Raza?

Thought it was quite good, didn't take itself too seriously and its all lined up for Avengers this year too

7. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post

Thought it was quite good, didn't take itself too seriously and its all lined up for Avengers this year too
    No, not yet. Though I'm looking forward to it. Maybe next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post

I've seen all the Marvel movies, but one didn't excite me. Add in all the political shenanigans and I'll wait until I can watch it at home.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869