Likes Likes:  685
Page 156 of 245 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2441

Thread: Movies / Films / Flicks

The Interview
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2788710/

This was hilarious! Not sure why it got mediocre reviews.

Also I remembered this film last night - I thought it was good! Not everyome did it seems. The Nines
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0810988/
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

This looks amazing! Slaughterhouse Rulez
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6905696/
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Mission impossible is not an 8/10 movie.
    I agree. They've gone to the well too many times with Ethan trying to protect his ex-wife. He left her to keep her safe and yet, she's been in danger the last three movies! Also, this was the first MI movie that didn't really have an impossible heist style mission.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    I agree. They've gone to the well too many times with Ethan trying to protect his ex-wife. He left her to keep her safe and yet, she's been in danger the last three movies! Also, this was the first MI movie that didn't really have an impossible heist style mission.
    When was she in danger in the last two movies at all? Was she even mentioned in MI5?

And there was a heist-style mission—unless you don’t count a convoy jailbreak as heist-style.
    Last edited by Raza; Oct 24, 2018 at 04:27 AM.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Blog Entries
    Perseus, I still owe you a discussion on Get Out. Next time I watch it again, I’ll formulate my thoughts and send you a PM.

6. Likes Perseus liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    When was she in danger in the last two movies at all? Was she even mentioned in MI5?

And there was a heist-style mission—unless you don’t count a convoy jailbreak as heist-style.
    She was captured in 3 and was threatened with a bomb in 4 or 5 and now again in 6. Fallout had great action but I thought it felt short on the team aspect. I felt like it was good guys fighting bad guys. I think they did a poor job of keeping Cavil's bad guy status a secret.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    She was captured in 3 and was threatened with a bomb in 4 or 5 and now again in 6. Fallout had great action but I thought it felt short on the team aspect. I felt like it was good guys fighting bad guys. I think they did a poor job of keeping Cavil's bad guy status a secret.
    She was captured in 3 (her first movie) and in 4 they mentioned that she was killed under Brandt’s watch, which turned out to be a ruse for her safety; she was seen at the end. I don’t think she was in 5, maybe mentioned in passing.

As for Cavill being the bad guy, I agree with you there, but I think that was due to the trailer cut—I went in to the movie thinking he was the bad guy already.
    Last edited by Raza; Oct 25, 2018 at 01:33 PM.

Equalizer 2 was ok, nowhere near as good as the first though.

The Meg was bad, very very bad. Awful dialogue even for a Jason Statham film, and that's saying something.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    Equalizer 2 was ok, nowhere near as good as the first though.

The Meg was bad, very very bad. Awful dialogue even for a Jason Statham film, and that's saying something.
    Was it fun bad or bad bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Was it fun bad or bad bad?

Fun bad, but believe me, the acting/script/dialogue is terrible - even for a Statham film

12. Likes Raza liked this post