I'll just stick to the (abridged) facts because it still makes my blood boil thinking about it:

I had a deadline of 25 days.

Day 1 - I enquire about a certain watch which Jura had advertised; Had an online chat and the person at the other end (supposedly) made enquires with the manufacturer and I was told "7 to 10 days delivery". Plenty of time I think, so place the order.

Day 20 - Still no sign of my order, so I call them: "Your order is being processed" they say "Due for despatch on Wednesday (Day 22) by Special Delivery" they say. Cutting it a bit fine I think, but Special Delivery is next working day, should have it on Thursday (Day 23)...... Nope !
Day 24 - No delivery. I call them, get a bunch of lame excuses & fob-offs, and I 'blow a gasket'
Day 25 - Instead of being able to present recipient with the watch, I get the embarrasment of having to face them and apologise for being empty handed. For me, it's important to give gifts 'on the day'.

Day 30, the watch finally arrives. The warranty card is dated for 'Day 29'; so they lied to me.

Wonder if they've heard the term 'Setting Customer Expectations'
If 'you' can't deliver - Say so. Don't lie to me until it's too late for me to make other arrangements.