Likes Likes:  384
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: «««««««« WRUW - Monday - 18 March 2019 »»»»»»»»»

Happy Birthday@Fantasio !

This is day one of my self imposed theme “dual-display challenge week” and had to start with the Arnie...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post

.... So, why do I not have one of....

... ^^^ those ?

I think I already know the answer, but still a great looking piece.
    Thanks!!! An overall extremely well executed (but also very underrated) piece from Fortis...all IMO, of course.
    Cheers,

Chris

3. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchNut22 View Post
    Vintage Doxa Tank

Humbly Conquering the World, One Watch at a Time!

Horologically Yours,

Rick
    That's a great looking Doxa. I don't have the issue with date windows that some guys do, but I just want to say I have never sen a date window at 10h30. I can well imagine it giving some guys the creeps!
    I'd Schwarzkopf it daily, except I couldn't be bothered with the inevitable explanations...

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Hahahaha. Brings back memories. Whenever my dive instructor asked 'OK?' with a circled thumb and forefinger I would automatically gives a thumbs-up with a huge smile.

...except that in PADI-speak a thumbs up means you want to abort the dive and return to the surface.

I was still trying to kick the habit after completing advanced and nitrox, with the result that my hasty, embarrassed corrections made me look like a sign language interpreter trying to keep up with a rapper.
    I'd Schwarzkopf it daily, except I couldn't be bothered with the inevitable explanations...

6. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FSM71 View Post
    Hahahaha. Brings back memories. Whenever my dive instructor asked 'OK?' with a circled thumb and forefinger I would automatically gives a thumbs-up with a huge smile.

...except that in PADI-speak a thumbs up means you want to abort the dive and return to the surface.

I was still trying to kick the habit after completing advanced and nitrox, with the result that my hasty, embarrassed corrections made me look like a sign language interpreter trying to keep up with a rapper.
    It does.

My main problem is I don't talk much. Mrs. K and I have this ongoing gag. "Use your words" she says to which I respond with an imperceptible shrug and the tiniest "meh". When my instructor was giving me crap about not signalling I told him this. He laughed. And then said " No. You can't do that here."
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

8. Likes FSM71 liked this post
    It does.

My main problem is I don't talk much. Mrs. K and I have this ongoing gag. "Use your words" she says to which I respond with an imperceptible shrug and the tiniest "meh". When my instructor was giving me crap about not signalling I told him this. He laughed. And then said " No. You can't do that here."
    The best is when you sit with the dive instructors after-hours over a few bears and they start showing you all the signals that are not found in the PADI handbook. You've got to time it so that you are not taking a sip of beer when they do, otherwise that beer's coming out your nose..
    Last edited by FSM71; Mar 20, 2019 at 09:38 AM.

10. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FSM71 View Post
    The best is when you sit with the dive instructors after-hours over a few bears and they start showing you all the signals that are not found in the PADI handbook. You've got to time it so that you are not taking a sip of beer when they do, otherwise that beer's coming out your nose..
    Like " Big f**$ing shark behind you?" That one made me laugh.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Like " Big f**$ing shark behind you?" That one made me laugh.
    Indeed. Or when your instructor wants you to get your slate out (to calculate residual nitrogen times at 25m below the surface so he can test for nitrogen narcosis) or your torch but you were so seasick on the inflatable that you forgot to bring it with you.

Do the following:

With your right index finger you point at your eye, then your left breast and then your backside.

Interpretation:

I - left-tit - behind.

13. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post