Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Anyone have a Samsung Galaxy Gear?

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar

Anyone have a Samsung Galaxy Gear?

Came across a cheap refurb deal on eBay ($60) so I figured it was worth a shot. I'll post up some thoughts later in the week when it arrives.

I haven't seen Android or iPhone smart watches in action. I'd love to hear from people who have played with different ones though. I'm interested to see how this turns out for you.

3. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Got it yesterday and have spent some time playing around with it. Neat toy, especially at the price of a G-Shock. I can't imagine paying the original price of $300, though. I'll write up a review when I have some more time.

Name:  GalaxyGear.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  109.7 KB

5. Likes Rob liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I have a Samsung Galaxy but that's pretty much the end of my story.

I had one for a while. I agree nifty toy but since it's so dependent on being anchored to the phone I could never figure out why I wouldn't just pick up my phone.

It wore well but had about a 24 hour battery life. I did like the camera and the talk to text capablity.

This was the model I had:

8. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    I had one for a while. I agree nifty toy but since it's so dependent on being anchored to the phone I could never figure out why I wouldn't just pick up my phone.

It wore well but had about a 24 hour battery life. I did like the camera and the talk to text capablity.
    Very limited battery life, the need to carry a charger, limited functionality compared to a phone... To me it seems like a gadget for the people who writes "K" instead of "OK" saving their precious time.

"Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling." Margaret Lee Runbeck.

10. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    K... thnx... lol

12. Likes OTGabe, ElFuego liked this post