Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This don't seem to be going well for GO.

This don't seem to be going well for GO.

Got an email today from Massdrop. They kind of source items and then sell them to their members. Not sure if you can see the price if you don't sign up with them but this Panomatic in white gold with a list price of $26500 is selling for $9000! A beautiful watch no doubt but very heavily discounted, even for grey market.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/glash-tte-original-panomaticlunar-xl-watch?utm_source=linkshare&referer=9QTNLW

That is quite startling. I can’t visit the page without going through sign-in hoops, so is there any way of telling whether they have one or many?

If one, maybe a dealer has simply got stuck with it, which I can well imagine happening.

They don’t say how many but it appears like they have multiple. They usually note a limit of buyers but at this price point they are probably pretty sure they’ll have enough to fulfill the order. It is open for 5 days and the watches will be shipped by Massdrop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    That is quite startling. I can’t visit the page without going through sign-in hoops, so is there any way of telling whether they have one or many?

If one, maybe a dealer has simply got stuck with it, which I can well imagine happening.

I'm no expert on this mass drop thing, but the hover hint says there needs to be at least one member interested , implying they have at least one... and maybe they'd have to go scrabbling about to find a second ?

Here, I've logged in to show you a screen shot

I'm guessing it's a watch dealer (who needs to shift stock quickly due to cashflow problem) who has at least 1 surplus to requirements surplus stock (at possibly: at or near to what they paid for it), less a commission to mass drop themselves ?

Last edited by Seriously; Apr 19, 2019 at 04:34 PM.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

EDIT: Unless it's GO themselves that are providing the stock (hush hush style) ??....

A further note from the comments (from a MD moderator) in response to someone asking about warranty.
    (I note an Alpina quartz is offered elsewhere on MD stating 1 year warranty offered by MD, but not on this GO)

Watches Moderator

1H

tydanosaurusrex

No warranty. MDs return policy is 30 days if found defective within that period
    Last edited by Seriously; Apr 19, 2019 at 04:46 PM.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Blog Entries
    I have a very good friend who works for Massdrop, doing product development for headphones, headphone amps and speakers. Sometimes he brings samples over to get my opinion before deciding to make them public. The company model is complex, and evolving into more of an in-house special line in collaboration with high-end manufacturers. This watch could easily be in collaboration with GO, after a long period of courting them and discussing a special model to make available. On the other hand, lack of warrantee does imply some other possibility, like a small supply of seconds. The low price is not a total surprise. Ashford has had the same floor demo GO Senator Perpetual Calendar on sale seasonally as low as $8600 (Every time I see it, I am sorely tempted.) I suspect people are balking a bit at the list prices of their more expensive offerings.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

7. Likes Seriously, Col Angus, synequano liked this post
    Maybe GO is simply allowing dealers to flush out old stock in preparation for new releases. I dunno.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

That looks like a very old model to me...

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    That looks like a very old model to me...

• Glashütte Original
    • Model: 90-02-33-14-05
    • Movement: Glashütte Original 90-02 47-jewel automatic
    • 28800 vph
    • 42-hour power reserve
    • Case material: 18K white gold
    • Crystal: Sapphire
    • Caseback: Sapphire
    • Date display
    • Moonphase
    • Case diameter: 42 mm
    • Case thickness: 12.5 mm
    • Lug width: 20 mm
    • Lug-to-lug: 49 mm
    • Water resistance: 30 m (98 ft)
    It’s in stock at $10,995 at Ashford. https://www.ashford.com/us/watches/g...2-33-14-05.pid

and apparently I can get 15% off with the supply of an email address, although maybe that won’t work on a discounted item.
    Last edited by Seriously; Apr 19, 2019 at 06:09 PM.
    Watches for SALE:

That model was originally released in 2015 in steel and rose gold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk