Likes Likes:  127
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: IWL International Weather Report

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Tornado warning earlier here
    Eeeesh. Baton down the hatches and be safe.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Nothing like Arizona's blistering weather, but peaked at 93°F here today. Forecast for tomorrow is a much more 'comfortable' 20° less.
    Someone on Reddit was complaining it was a "tad warm" in Phoenix the other day...... 119°F

Sent from my Honor 5c

Hail lots of it not sure I have dry blanket

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is what I came home just in time to experience and nearly 5400 lightning strikes within 50 km.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/severe-thunderstorm-watch-regina-saskatoon-1.4198105

Name:  19961383_913176782154420_3186030131561577598_n.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  71.4 KB

Solve all your doubts through question mode.

5. Likes CanadianStraps liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    This is what I came home just in time to experience and nearly 5400 lightning strikes within 50 km.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/severe-thunderstorm-watch-regina-saskatoon-1.4198105

Name:  19961383_913176782154420_3186030131561577598_n.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  71.4 KB

that's quite the storm, hope you faired well and nothing was too badly damaged

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    that's quite the storm, hope you faired well and nothing was too badly damaged
    It was very weird. My friends downtown, which is less than half a mile away got quite a lot of hail while all we got was a pretty brief torrential downpour and a lot of lightning. My brother lives in the neighborhood that got the drifts of loony sized hail. His garden was wiped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    It was very weird. My friends downtown, which is less than half a mile away got quite a lot of hail while all we got was a pretty brief torrential downpour and a lot of lightning. My brother lives in the neighborhood that got the drifts of loony sized hail. His garden was wiped out.

Crazy how it can differ between two places relatively close by. I'm afraid we're going to see more and more of this type of extreme weather going forward...

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Crazy how it can differ between two places relatively close by. I'm afraid we're going to see more and more of this type of extreme weather going forward...

It's already happened. The weather is quite different, and far more extreme, than when I was young. We had massive forest fires two years ago, last year Alberta had them and this year BC does. Very soon at least two of our western provinces will have forest fires like this and then the results may be truly tragic.
    I believe Central Saskatchewan has now overtaken southern Ontario as the tornado capital of Canada and the number of plough winds has grown exponentially.

Plough wind not far from me last night.

Name:  20232900_918893741582724_686023952515494352_o.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  36.9 KB

In many small Saskatchewan communities the curling rink is the single most important building.

That is sad Hank, sorry to see that. I don't miss having the tornado trophy here, although I'd prefer it just leave everyone and not make its way west.

We got about 1.5 inches of rain yesterday and quite windy with lightning, although nothing like the lightning you got.

Today is is over 30* base and very sunny, so the humidity is oppressive. I golfed in the morning and might have lost 5 pounds. Now that it is midday the humidex has us at 40 degrees. That's about 104 for my friends to the south.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.