Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seiko mod

Quote Originally Posted by Blanchy View Post
    Thanks ismy I'll start looking for parts tomorrow and see what I can make

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    I would measure it to be on the safe side and if you got any Russian pocket watch movement worth trying to see if it fits ..just trying to remember which one it was had some pvd and a titanium one and a few others but sure most take the movement I have meationed

worse case give me a shout and I can send ya a faulty 3602 and a 6498 you can try for size
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Blanchy liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    strange I can see it in both post will save it and re up it

Attachment 86054
    I can see this one now, maybe it was just tapatalk. I would have snapped your hand off for 50 quid haha

I've been looking at Pam homage parts and it looks like that's definitely the way to go for my first try. I should be able to put something together for 100 The only bit that concerns me a bit is finding a crown to work with the case but that shouldn't be too hard
    Check you my youtube channel - Blanchy Talks Watches

Looking on Ebay it probably makes sense to buy a Parnis for the movement and then I'd have spare parts

Looking on Ebay it probably makes sense to buy a Parnis for the movement and then I'd have spare parts
    possible but that does not always work tried that myself bought a skeleton one from mikey and could not get a dial to fit right this pvd one ..then I bought the California dial one and had issues with that ..

what I did was go to a seller and bought the hands dial movement case from them as was told it would all fit ..then if I had issues then it was with the one seller ...

plus also remember what type of dial you want if you want one with a sub-nine or sub six then the 6498 or 6497 works well ..but if going for no seconds then remember you have to partly strip the movement and trim the seconds pinion as trying to force the dial over the top of it ..will cause the movement not to work as the pressure on the pinion stop it the skeleton movement is easy to do this on then the ordinary full plate one ..you can see what you are doing with the strip down version
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

6. Likes Blanchy liked this post
    Thanks ismy I think I can get a whole new parnis for about 10 more than just a movement so I'm very tempted.

It would be nice to stat from scratch too though

Thanks ismy I think I can get a whole new parnis for about 10 more than just a movement so I'm very tempted.

It would be nice to stat from scratch too though
    probably even less really mean I sold a cal dial fully working and it went for under £50 ( not a love of cal dials out there) so if you look second hand probably cheaper then a movement ...

a lot of mods have to be done for the fun of it when the parts cost as they do ...

take the seiko if you got an old seiko say you been using hard for years then it's fun and cheap to buy a dial / hands / insert but to do one from scratch just not cost effective sad truth of it .

if you doing for keeps then all good buy the parts over weeks / months/years then it's not too expensive ..

plus look at trade threads for parts too thats a good cheap way to source them ...

thats why I stop the Russian modding at one time the pw was like a five each and that gave you most everything you needed apart from stems and case so that was like say £50 for those so was cheap and fun but seem the 3602 was well favour so the p.w pries have really gone up as that was one of the easiest movement to use as it had the 3 o'clock crown ...
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

9. Likes Blanchy liked this post
    Here is the only one I’ve done. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments. Replaced the crystal with sapphire and swapped the chapter ring with a steel one, both parts from DLW. I had the dial, hands and bezel insert made custom. This was originally an SKX009.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Instagram: @ryanwearswatches

11. Likes Pip, breadman3, Blanchy liked this post