View Poll Results: who wins over all

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • crownpuller CYMA Cymaflex

5 50.00%
  • fuzzy B bulova clock

5 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ****M.F.S. - The old years and lost round's better late then never :) ****

****M.F.S. - The old years and lost round's better late then never :) ****

well member's was asking about another more for a score comp so looking back to the last one it was sorta finished we had split it in the end to two type of watches.. pocket /alarm clocks and wrist watches and we finished it but some would have liked the two winners to go head to head so happy to obliged .. and this give members who have not played before an idea of how they go

badges was awarded already I believe as category winners ? so this is just for purely fun and their was a prize offer but as it was some time ago not sure that it's still available, did look in my strap box but could not find anything new and unused so let's say for fun and you never know

crownpuller

My CYMA Cymaflex.
    A sorry looking thing when I bought it, but now perfectly wearable after some TLC.It 'weighs in' at: 33mm + crown, 41mm lug to lug, and 9.5mm thin (after replacement acrylic fitted )

After a bit of tweaking it's running rather well for a watch that's 'pushing 70'. Something still not quite right though: There's a bit of a blip on the readout and the frequency suggests a dirty 3rd or 4th wheel tooth. Might have to have a closer look at that at some point.

It has a R.458 hand wind, lever escapement, 17 jewel movement running at 18000 BPH, that dates to the 1950s. Not managed to get an accurate date, but the example on the Ranfft site is dated circa 1950 with a 109*** serial number, and this has a 118*** serial.
    The 'Cymaflex' title refers to CYMA's own shock absorber for the balance wheel which they introduced in 1939.
    Purchase price £14.27 + £1.95 P&P + £1.97 for a new crystal = £18.19

vs

fuzzy B bulova clock

From the beginning, I was hoping to find a really cool travel alarm. I’ve seen some very interesting ones go for next to nothing, but no such luck during this competition. I am pleased with the looks of this one though.

This one came complete with the original box and a note on the inside that it was received as a gift on 25 April 1976, which actually makes it a birth year clock for me, Beautiful blue sunburst dial. And what really made this one jump out to me is the engine turned case. This one came in right at £18 and slightly over £20 with shipping.

if on tapacrap and can't vote but would like to play just say so in a post and will add it too the score at the end

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Cymaflex for me.

I’m a sucker for text like Cymaflex, especially when flex is in italic.

yeah love me an old sub-six
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Cyma for me, a fine budget restoration of a lovely watch. However, it's just a reminder of the high standards from last time.

voting coming along nicely remember anyone can vote whether they are playing or not
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

few days left to vote as close on the 22nd
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

so drawing for now with one day of voting left
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

The cyma is lovely but the bulova clock is stunning I may have to try find one for myself lol

I'm on tapatalk so can't vote so add one for the clock for me

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
    Check you my youtube channel - Blanchy Talks Watches

9. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    well looks like brian's bulova just won ( just mean so close that a tap a crap vote ) swung it so well done that man so were all clear for the next one now

**** MORE FOR A SCORE IV - The Voyage Home ****
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Pipped at the post.
    I demand a recount.

Not really, the Bulova is a lovely bit of kit that I'd happily set on my bedside table; so well done Brian.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.