Likes Likes:  94
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: **** More for a score - IV - The Voyage Home **** entry's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    I need to post some proper shots, will sort that out this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    cool was hoping to start it probably next sunday as the first round so would like all pic's info up by then if possible from ALL members playing
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes DJW GB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    whose left to up their entry ?
    That'll be me, then. On its way...
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    That'll be me, then. On its way...
    so just you and pip left ? no one else ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

After much deliberation and thinking about last year's 'full restoration job'; I've decided to go the opposite end of the scale with the one that required/requires next to zero effort.
    Even though I prefer (visually) both the Avia & the Mira, they both need a bit of fettling and I figured it'd be more in keeping with the spirit of the game if I submitted one 'as bought'.
    So, after a rub down with a microfiber cloth; I present:

The ZILA

Name:  ZilaSide.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  197.2 KB

Purchased as one of a joblot of 6 for £18 (inc. P&P), it ran 'sweet' from the first wind. I've not put it on the Timegrapher yet but it's within a few seconds a day of my Zodiac (chronometer). It came on a Speidel expanding bracelet which is a bit 'yellow' for my liking but kind of goes with the watch; and it's at least wearable... though I probably won't very much.

Name:  ZilaWrist.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  233.7 KB

There's not much to see around the back....

Name:  ZilaBack.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  197.6 KB

... until you remove the back:

Name:  ZilaInside.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  206.8 KB

... then it's rather attractive. I can't/won't pretend this wasn't a factor in my decision to submit this one. There's a couple of fine tool marks on it but otherwise as clean as can be.
    It's a FHF25 (identified by our competition host ) from circa 1950, and as mentioned above is running very well.

7. Likes Matt, DJW GB, tribe125 liked this post
    I'm in total envy of your ability to catch the beautifully blued hands. That's a fabulous looking watch.

9. Likes crownpuller liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm in total envy of your ability to catch the beautifully blued hands. That's a fabulous looking watch.
    Thanks, on both counts; however: I can't take too much credit for photography skills.... Mostly trial & error. You should see how many shots didn't catch the blue of the hands.

Well here is my entry: a 1976 Citizen Crystron LCD which is amazingly on its original bracelet with signed clasp. The beautifully modern UFO cased watch comes with a date feature but not the alarm of its slightly younger and much more common fancy pants brother.

I’m still stunned that I got this within the rules of the competition, these rarely come up for sale, even more rarely in working order on original bracelets, and have gone for in excess £200 previously if my research is right. For the sake of full disclosure, the light doesn’t work and I haven’t had time to investigate yet. Other than that it’s fully functional and keeps incredibly accurate time.

So a vote for Team Pippy is a vote for 1976, when the future was still full of spaceships, and every town would hope that one day it would have its own computer...

12. Likes DJW GB, crownpuller, tribe125 liked this post
    so planning to do the first round this coming Sunday if every one is ready ? so can you just shout out whose ready ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

14. Likes Pip liked this post
    I’m ready. Although I may upload a better headline pic, would that be to this thread?

yes mate just change up the entry one if you want have not saved them yet goes for any one who wants to redo their one change pics / info and what not

this is the one I going with has all the info needed too

ok well my entry is this seiko h449 -5120 was bought as part of a joblot so £10 plus £2.90 post so call it £13 in total ..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rotary-Se...p2047675.l2557

well was bought none working and was packed very badly for del so case and crystal was marked so I clean and polished both case and crystal and original bracelet then I moved on to the inside their was several missing screws one for holding the battery clip in place so found some that fit so sorted that had to also sort the buttons as looked like one was jammed in making everything not work (don't know if this happen in the post or was from before ) and found and sourced a battery for it and seems to be fully working now even down to the light ..

Seiko h449-5120a ...

Attached Images
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

17. Likes Matt, DJW GB, Pip liked this post