Likes Likes:  94
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: **** More for a score - IV - The Voyage Home **** entry's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    ok so planning to do the first round later today so I have these members playing

listed in order of posting here with pic/info...

1 ,ismy
    2. Colin 63
    3. smeagal
    4. djw
    5. tribe
    6. matt
    7. sharky
    8. crownpuller
    9. pip

robert was going to be 10 but his one was a no go said he could still enter it but he choose to pull did offer one of mine from one of my joblots bought for comp but not sure of his response

have I missed any one else ?

1 ,ismy
    2. Colin 63
    3. smeagal
    4. djw
    5. tribe
    6. matt
    7. sharky - out -votes-3
    8. crownpuller - goes forward
    9. pip
    Last edited by is that my watch; Jul 12, 2019 at 02:05 AM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

**** More for a score - IV - The Voyage Home **** entry's thread.

*Edit: I have edited the post as I gave the case & crystal a bit of tlc and I couldn’t edit the pics into my original post. If this is against the rules or spirit then please delete this post!

Well here is my entry: a 1976 Citizen Crystron LCD which is amazingly on its original bracelet with signed clasp. The beautifully modern UFO cased watch comes with a date feature but not the alarm of its slightly younger and much more common fancy pants brother.

I’m still stunned that I got this within the rules of the competition, these rarely come up for sale, even more rarely in working order on original bracelets, and have gone for in excess £200 previously if my research is right. For the sake of full disclosure, the light doesn’t work and I haven’t had time to investigate yet. Other than that it’s fully functional and keeps incredibly accurate time.

So a vote for Team Pippy is a vote for 1976, when the future was still full of spaceships, and every town would hope that one day it would have its own computer...

Argh! An alien UFO!

And almost forgot to show the movement

Last edited by Pip; Jul 11, 2019 at 10:36 PM.

3. Likes is that my watch, Matt, DJW GB, JAGtime, Greg liked this post
    round two winners is hmmm me

ismy and the Seiko h449-5120a .

ok well my entry is this seiko h449 -5120 was bought as part of a joblot so £10 plus £2.90 post so call it £13 in total ..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rotary-Se...p2047675.l2557

well was bought none working and was packed very badly for del so case and crystal was marked so I clean and polished both case and crystal and original bracelet then I moved on to the inside their was several missing screws one for holding the battery clip in place so found some that fit so sorted that had to also sort the buttons as looked like one was jammed in making everything not work (don't know if this happen in the post or was from before ) and found and sourced a battery for it and seems to be fully working now even down to the light ..

Seiko h449-5120a ...

Attached Images
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

5. Likes DJW GB, JAGtime liked this post
    1 ,ismy
    2. Colin 63
    3. smeagal
    4. djw
    5. tribe
    6. matt
    7. sharky - out -votes-3
    9. pip

1 ,ismy - goes forward
    2. Colin 63
    3. smeagal
    4. djw
    5. tribe - out -vote -2
    6. matt
    7. sharky - out -votes-3
    9. pip
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Congrats ismy.

Billy super duper

feel a bit guilty for knocking out the Russian reckon if it n.o.s con might have gone the other way
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

I’m more than happy with my two votes.

I did see a very similar Seiko (maybe even the same model) when trawling eBay, but went for novelty over excellence. A worthy winner.

round three winners is well done that man

djw and the Baoxuan

So my entry is this great condition Baoxuan watch made in china .Measuring just the right size for me (lately) 37 mm (Inc crown) and 44 mm lug to lug and 18 mm band. I have been very lucky this time as it came in a little wooden box and looks to be in nearly new condition and with a light polish and a Darlena strap was ready to go.
    The beating heart of this 17 jewel beauty is a SN2 movement from the southern Chinese city of Jieyang and apparently a low cost but reliable and accurate thing with about 50 hrs of go in it. There is a link to a tear down by Watch Guy which as usual is fantastic (you can see it here: https://watchguy.co.uk/teardown-serv...watch-factory/

So far it has been quite accurate only gaining about 1 minute a day (which is just great for me)

I really like it especially the red jewel on the second hand and it would have been something i would have bought anyway, and for £16.09 all in and a spare strap i had i think it’s a bargain.

Some of my text has been borrowed from that great Chinese collector Saskwatch . Many thanks.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

11. Likes DJW GB liked this post
    1 ,ismy - goes forward
    2. Colin 63
    3. smeagal
    4. djw
    5. tribe - out -vote -2
    6. matt
    7. sharky - out -votes-3
    9. pip

1 ,ismy - goes forward
    2. Colin 63
    3. smeagal
    4. djw - goes forwad
    5. tribe - out -vote -2
    6. matt
    7. sharky - out -votes-3
    9. pip - out- votes -5

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Well I'm flattered, I didn't expect that Thanks to everyone for your votes , and comisarations to pip as I thought you had easily got it.

Billy super duper

14. Likes is that my watch, Matt, Pip liked this post