Likes Likes:  221
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Friday 17th. May WRUW

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Preparing to go bravely into the lion’s den of the DMV to get a new title. “Come back with your license plate or on it.” Isn’t that how the saying goes?

Rough and tumble quartz seems appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice combo brotha

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

2. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I probably said this when we first discussed this watch, but I think it’s awful.

The intention was an enlarged facsimile (oxymoron acknowledged) and if you can’t match the movement and case - don’t do it.

Putting ‘automatic’ in the gap only draws attention to the bodge.

I would have to agree with this. I do understand the challenge. The early Longines cases were typically 34-35mm diameter, and that is a very tough sell these days. (I have two from the mid 60s and they are indeed tiny, but exquisite.) However, they could have put a Durowe 7001 in that and made it look good at 38mm and avoid that horrible subdial placement.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Switch up for a bit of Russian Standard Platinum vodka games tonight....and man, do I need a drink or three, it's been a long couple of months on the road.

Name:  Ggravitymaster.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  45.1 KB

5. Likes mlcor, Greg, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    I probably said this when we first discussed this watch, but I think it’s awful.

The intention was an enlarged facsimile (oxymoron acknowledged) and if you can’t match the movement and case - don’t do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUasDvY25EE

first looks off too

Probeda , where are you. Pity

I assume all of the compromises were to appeal to an audience much larger than the usual enthusiasts who are clamoring for these reissues.

I agree with your criticisms, but they don't ruin the watch for me.

Should have been a handwind anyway.

I hate seeing 'automatic' on a watch dial, it irks me. (I do have some with it on,but it still irks me)

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatch
    The early Longines cases were typically 34-35mm diameter, and that is a very tough sell these days. (
    38 ain't so bad at all .....
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

9. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post