Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotation

Rotation

So I live in a place where affordable insurance is a lot rarer than burglaries meaning that most of my watches are in the bank at any one time. I keep between 2 and 4 at home in rotation and this is the current gang.
    Unusually, they're all different brands and, scarily, I've just realised that they also include my two most expensive watches.

So that's mine. What's yours?

2. Likes Nutty28, Mediocre, JAGtime liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Keeping my watches in the bank would be brutal. I sometimes change three times during the day

4. Likes ilitig8 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    Keeping my watches in the bank would be brutal. I sometimes change three times during the day
    Nah, I still do that. Sometimes before I go to work.

Blog Entries
    You have some really nice pieces. That Rolex is very underrated

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    That Rolex is very underrated
    Not by Mr Black Cat. He maintains that it's the best every day watch on the market. I think that may have been the line that finally tipped the scale for me.

I used to change up daily or more. Now that I've had most of them for several years or more, it's not uncommon for me to wear (and appreciate) just one for days, or even weeks in a row. That said, I do still love a good variety and enjoy the change when I make it.

In your situation, I'd have to consider some carefully hidden storage spots in the house, or a proper home vault, bolted to the wall/floor (there are differences, one that is properly built to inhibit prying and drilling is essential). Way cheaper than one expensive watch, and way more convenient than a trip to the bank vault.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    I used to change up daily or more. Now that I've had most of them for several years or more, it's not uncommon for me to wear (and appreciate) just one for days, or even weeks in a row. That said, I do still love a good variety and enjoy the change when I make it.

In your situation, I'd have to consider some carefully hidden storage spots in the house, or a proper home vault, bolted to the wall/floor (there are differences, one that is properly built to inhibit prying and drilling is essential). Way cheaper than one expensive watch, and way more convenient than a trip to the bank vault.

I thought about it but a terraced house and underfloor heating are a bit problematic. I'm not worried, though. Four is enough and the periodic change-ups keep things feeling fresh.

Come on, everyone. I can't be the only one with a rotation and a camera.

I have an old Maratac soft bag for storage. Holds about 25 and very compact. I have a watch roll too for overflow. Currently overseas, so no pics.

"He's just a witness"

Love that Memovox and Ingenieur! My current rotation, which is all I have currently, maybe add a few within a year or so but can't see having more that, becomes quite unmanageable . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images