Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Newb (if that makes sense)

Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    I own several watches (about 5 to be exact) just started on this journey. I think I'll be making more purchases in the near future, and my wallet won't be happy. My timing of this watch addiction is the worse. I'm getting married next year. Perhaps buy it all before my wife to be says no more?
    Just because this is a new forum doesn't mean we don't like watch pics. Hint hint. Just sayin'.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Haha okay everyone with their "pics or it didn't happen"

Now please bear in mind that I've only gotten into this craziness of watches very recently so some of my watch does not conform with WIS high standards

First watch I bought is of course a Casio G-Shock, it's fairly cheap, can take a beating, it's solar so it doesn't need much maintenance.

Then later I realised I wanted nice watch where I can wear it outside with a suit or with shorts, whilst trying not to show off. Now my definition of nice before joining the forums is now way different from before. The brand is none other than a Hublot. I probably wouldn't have spend that much money on it if I have stumbled upon these forums beforehand. But having said that it's beautifully finished, fully ceramic and has a sexy display caseback (will take these photos in the future). This watch even now I feel is excellent, and it's much better than the unlimited "limited edition" Big Bangs they seem to be banging out every month.

The service from Hublot is impeccable, the are amazing, and any slight problems they will take it in to be fixed even after the warranty has expired.

So that I thought my G-Shock and the Hublot would live happily ever after until several years later (August 2014). Both watches are nice but the G-Shock is too casual and the Hublot seems to be too stealthy, next to no lume at night and I can't seem to read the time off of it. Perhaps I'm getting old.

So in August, I decided I wanted another watch. I was browsing the interwebs (not the forums yet) and decided the IWC pilot line of watches was just the one that I wanted. So I went to the AD set myself a budget of about USD4,500 and the sales rep showed me the Mark XVII that I wanted. But then I saw another Pilot next to it that caught my eye. Needless to say the AD gave me hefty discount on this piece and this is what happened:

It really went down hill from here (for my wallet I mean) I decided again that I travel quite often and convinced myself I "needed" a GMT watch, so this happened:

Feeling super guilty about spending so much money but still wanting to buy watches I recently purchased this much cheaper watch (compared to my last three purchases above) and ended up with this:

After stumbling upon these forums I'm still trying to resist trying to purchase more watches. I guess you guys are all super enablers right? It's a good thing my fiance is doing some sort of control over this or else I'd end up living in the streets with my Patek and Rolexes

I was previously non the WISer but now having fellow WIS around to help out I'm slowly learning from the pros about watches and drooling over fellow members photos.

3. Likes epezikpajoow, geoffbot liked this post
    Just realised this is the IWL forum that means we need to post more IWC photos right?

5. Likes Der Amf, Rob liked this post