Likes Likes:  76
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The SOTC .... for now

It seems that when we finally get a few pieces which really fill our expectations, things tend to calm down. It doesn't mean this peaceful feeling is going to stay forever, but it's good while it lasts.

2. Likes wschofield3, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    It seems that when we finally get a few pieces which really fill our expectations, things tend to calm down. It doesn't mean this peaceful feeling is going to stay forever, but it's good while it lasts.
    Being an "analysis" kind of guy, distilling my collection down to use case scenarios for as long as I can remember, perhaps I hit the correct combination.

I could get a better dive style watch, but then, I might baby it. I could get a better dressy watch, but it would never be worn (except the ALS, I'd wear that all the time).

The only watch I can envision adding would be the ALS Saxonia moon phase, but that is a long ways off.

4. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post

The only watch I can envision adding would be the ALS Saxonia moon phase
    That's an amazing watch.

6. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    So, the "collection" has changed as per usual with me, seems I keep telling myself that my tastes evolve, and I consolidate.

This time, I am very pleased as I can't seem to find fault with the VC that I purchased a month or so ago now...it just does everything I need it to, so much that I bought the bride a watch instead of acquiring what I thought should be my next watch, a Rolex. I honestly don't think it would get wrist time, and frankly, I can't think of anything to get that will as I have the VC, my Ball X-Lume for more of a beater watch, the Tourby Pilot, which may or may not stay, and some affordables.

Am I done? I can see myself with the VC, Ball ( I believe a diver style watch should take a beating, and this one does), G Shock and Mido (hardly ever wear a dressy watch, so why spend a lot on one?) as a complete collection that can do anything I need to. Toss in my beloved Baby Tuna, the Revolution Diver and my Monster, and what else do I need? What else could I want?

For the very first time in my watch journey, I'm not sure if I want another, never mind need another, watch. Strange feeling for someone that dreamt about watches, planning my attack and use case scenarios. I kind of like it!
    Wait until the honeymoon of the VC wears off. It may or it may not.Only time will tell.

I think since you bought the VC it's a watch to step back, enjoy it, and take a break. I think you are over analyzing and thinking about the next watch or watches way too much.

Since you're on the list for a couple of Rolexes it doesn't hurt to just wait and see when they come in. It's not like they are on deposit and you have too buy them. You can always change your mind.
    Cheers,

Richard

8. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    Wait until the honeymoon of the VC wears off. It may or it may not.Only time will tell.

I think since you bought the VC it's a watch to step back, enjoy it, and take a break. I think you are over analyzing and thinking about the next watch or watches way too much.

Since you're on the list for a couple of Rolexes it doesn't hurt to just wait and see when they come in. It's not like they are on deposit and you have too buy them. You can always change your mind.
    Actually, my point is that I am under analyzing for the first time in a long time, which is a good feeling.

For sure I am sitting back and will see what comes my way, and I know that you, Richard,. will be right there with me!

10. Likes Cybotron liked this post
    Actually, my point is that I am under analyzing for the first time in a long time, which is a good feeling.

For sure I am sitting back and will see what comes my way, and I know that you, Richard,. will be right there with me!
    Sometimes we definitely can overanalyze and fail to appreciate what wonderful things we have. A broad enough statement to include everything in life, not just watches.

12. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Very nice collection, Walter!

14. Likes wschofield3 liked this post