Likes Likes:  82
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cashed in my Rolex chips

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I could not have let the Explorer II go for it, but if it makes you happy, congratulations!

Wanting fewer watches, with no requirement for one of them being a sports model, losing the Datejust was more central to the equation. I’d find it hard to convince myself that with three watches, one of them should be an Explorer II.

I’m happier with my current trio than my previous quartet, and something has to give to get from one place to the other.

2. Likes CFR liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Wanting fewer watches, with no requirement for one of them being a sports model, losing the Datejust was more central to the equation. I’d find it hard to convince myself that with three watches, one of them should be an Explorer II.

I’m happier with my current trio than my previous quartet, and something has to give to get from one place to the other.
    Oh yeah, I would have gotten rid of the Datejust, no hesitation. I'm surprised it took you this long.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

4. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by stew77 View Post
    This sort of discipline with being content with 3 total in the collection continues to be inspiration for me to significantly reduce the size of my 'way-to-many'.

Budget constraints are a great help.

And I think it’s probably easier to be content with a few good things as you grow older.

Cashed in my Rolex chips

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yeah think could be one place made it up then others just repeating it thinking it is a fact without checking up on it would think their has to be more too it thou then just the look ?
    I think what Alan found seems the most likely reason. While beautifully furnished it is a bit industrial for Blancpain. It takes quite a few turns to get the second hand to move. Since it is a five day PR they probably need the weight to wind it. Just seems a waste to coat gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Samanator; Jun 8, 2019 at 05:51 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Blog Entries
    Budget constraints are a great help.

And I think it’s probably easier to be content with a few good things as you grow older.
    I agree with that, big time.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

8. Likes CFR liked this post
    Congrats on the new acquisition, Alan.

With the obvious exception - JLC Memovox - I could never guess which watches you were ready to sell. Somehow, you always manage to find a consensual (even wise ) explanation for your acquisitions: you're very good at it. Yes you are.

Enjoy your new JLC.
    Last edited by CFR; Jun 8, 2019 at 08:14 PM.

10. Likes tribe125, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I could never guess which watches you were ready to sell.

It did cross my mind at one point (it might have been leaving the secondhand dealer, strangely empty-handed), that I’d been disloyal to some amalgam of CFR and the Explorer II...

Crazy, the way we sometimes think - says the ex psychiatric nurse.

12. Likes CFR liked this post
    It did cross my mind at one point (it might have been leaving the secondhand dealer, strangely empty-handed), that I’d been disloyal to some amalgam of CFR and the Explorer II...

Crazy, the way we sometimes think - says the ex psychiatric nurse.
    But I think you did well. Steel sport Rolex are now selling for unbelievable prices. I'm sure you got your money back and probably you even made a profit. Therefore, you actually enjoyed wearing those watches... for free. Isn't that great?!
    Last edited by CFR; Jun 8, 2019 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Therefore, you actually enjoyed wearing those watches... for free.

You’re even better at this than me. I had persuaded myself that the JLC was free, but now it turns out they were all free!

I must tell my wife.

15. Likes CFR, DJW GB, Greg, skywatch, Raza liked this post
    Damn. I wish I knew you were selling the ExpII... Still badly want a good one.