• Brown

3 75.00%
  • Saddle

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need opinions on a strap for my SM300

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I’ve never seen a leather NATO that looks good...

Too thick, too bulky. I’d have a simple two-piece strap on that, with no strong preference for black or brown.
    These look pretty thin (though they don't have the thickness on the site) and are short enough that there will be no foldover. I assume they'll wear very similarly to their regular NATOs, which are a quarter inch longer and require no foldover for me. So that eliminates a big part of the bulkiness.

As below:

With this leather NATO, for example, I feel what you're saying. It's thicker, it's not as soft as the Clockwork Synergy NATOs look, and the length requires a full foldover:

Also, it's only 20mm wide, which is another thing.
    Last edited by Raza; Jun 14, 2019 at 08:36 PM.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    The material looks nice enough, but then one sees the one-piece nato nature of it , and thinks.....

Two piece all day long.
    Isn't a two piece leather NATO....just a regular leather strap? I have that already, the Omega OEM strap that came with the watch:

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Isn't a two piece leather NATO....just a regular leather strap? I have that already, the Omega OEM strap that came with the watch:
    Yeah, I (presumably like Tribe) ain't a fan of the one piece leather nato as shown in your original pics, nato's are ok I guess - and they have their uses , but made of leather and they become .......

I'm not a fan of either to be fair, but the leather variant really doesn't float my boat

Just get a similar type/finish of leather in a standard two piece format.

I have that already, the Omega OEM strap that came with the watch:
    But it's clearly not the same, the original is centrally padded, the leather in the OP is just flat, single sheet (unlined) leather - completely different look, you can get a flat leather (unlined) two piece
    Last edited by Seriously; Jun 14, 2019 at 08:41 PM.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Yeah, I (presumably like Tribe) ain't a fan of the one piece leather nato as shown in your original pics, nato's are ok I guess - and they have their uses , but made of leather and they become .......

I'm not a fan of either to be fair, but the leather variant really doesn't float my boat

Just get a similar type/finish of leather in a standard two piece format.

But it's clearly not the same, the original is centrally padded, the leather in the OP is just flat, single sheet (unlined) leather - completely different look, you can get a flat leather (unlined) two piece
    I've never seen a two-piece leather strap like that before. I've looked, too.

I've never seen a two-piece leather strap like that before. I've looked, too.
    https://bulangandsons.com/products/s...er-watch-strap

There's obviously stitching where the lug pins are, but they've gotta be there unless you can find one with an endloop that's folded over and glued

Here's another:
    https://lebraceletfrancais.fr/en/men...stitching.html
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

I bet you could even get a strap maker to modify a nato style leather (like the OP ones) into a two piece - skive the lug ends, fold and glue.
    Watches for SALE:

Dark brown and as distressed as you can find. Reason being I had the DSOTM Vintage Black the had the aged lume with the distressed leather strap. It just works with the aged lume better. A distressed black also would work. My bigger question is why a Nato? They are so many other straps that will fit with finishes that will better compliment to he watch. Maybe even one with one of Omega's excellent deployants. Those are always my preferred setup. There are even after market versions of these that are pretty good. At 20mm the Snoopy strap and deployant will work. The black canvas will rock on this thing.

As a lower cost alternative there are several venders like this with various straps that will work with an Omega deployant (even an after market Omega Deployant) https://www.ebay.com/itm/20mm-22mm-R...-/263782084346

The brown and black seems the right choice.

I can set you up with an after market Omega Deployant.
    Last edited by Samanator; Jun 14, 2019 at 09:45 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

8. Likes Raza liked this post
    Problem with black is that I only own two pairs of black shoes, and I never wear one of them. So any black leather strap would be of severely limited use in my wardrobe. While I wear white sneakers most of the time, browns work better because brown is inherently more casual than black.

Wrists are miles away from feet but straps are integral to watches. Watches trump feet.

And if we’re talking leather NATOs, formality is out of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Wrists are miles away from feet but straps are integral to watches. Watches trump feet.

And if we’re talking leather NATOs, formality is out of the equation.

Succinctly put
    Watches for SALE:

Probably I prefer the grey/blue like the one in the middle,otherwise I might go for dark brown

12. Likes Raza liked this post