Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Domestic flights in the US

Domestic flights in the US

Hi guys I need some help with where to look for good prices on domestic flights in the USA.

I'm flying from San Francisco to Orlando in December.

Any suggestions on good websites to check out would be much appreciated!

I know that flying in December is always going to be expensive so should I just forget about price comparisons?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I think Kayak is essentially an aggregator that searches all the travel sites. I usually check Travelocity and Expedia when I'm flying. I think I went through Expedia for my flights to Japan and back, they had the best deals.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

I'm not a big traveler, but I've centralized to one carrier if I can for all domestic flights. For me the most important things are direct flights and cheap upgrades. All of the places I go to lately seem to have direct flights on Jet Blue(San Fran, Boston, DC...). For work I must use their travel system, but for personal flights I've found the Jet Blue site directly has more flights and is sometimes cheaper than the travel sites. Jet Blue has many $25 and $35 upgrades that sometimes include a checked bag. Just my experience. While I do fly to SFO quite often I'm in Fort Lauderdale (4 hours from Orlando) so it may be good if one of our Orlando Area member chimed in?

Before the mergers I was either Virgin (I think Alaska air now) or US Air for domestic flights. Those seem to not be very good options after they merged.
    Last edited by Samanator; Jul 1, 2019 at 08:48 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

I'm flying with 2 young children so direct is best, probably the only option in my mind. Heck I made it a point to find a direct flight from Singapore to San Francisco in the first place!

It seems only United and Alaskan have direct flights, probably going with United due to the timings. Just have to set up a price watch and monitor it.

Thanks for the help!

Blog Entries
    Oh, yeah, connections are the worst. I try to fly direct whenever I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Oh, yeah, connections are the worst. I try to fly direct whenever I can.
    Yes. It's one of the luxuries of living within shouting distance of O'Hare, you can get to an awful lot of places directly.

While I live in Orlando (area) I can't help you as my wife is afraid to fly....Depending on where you are staying you can check flying into Sanford Airport if it is significantly cheaper, then driving down (30-45 min).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    While I live in Orlando (area) I can't help you as my wife is afraid to fly....Depending on where you are staying you can check flying into Sanford Airport if it is significantly cheaper, then driving down (30-45 min).
    Has she tried taking anything for it? I can't stand to fly, but if I drug myself up on enough Xanax I literally don't care whether I live or die, so the fear of flying doesn't bother me anymore.

Xanax is prescription, bourbon is over the counter. LOL

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    Xanax is prescription, bourbon is over the counter. LOL
    No hangovers from Xanax, though!