9 81.82%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: **** Mfas IV - The Voyage Home **** round two ****

Two votes!

Infinitely more than I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    As ugly as it is, the Luch makes me smile:
    Every time I see/hear Perestroika, I think: "Gob - Baa - Chef"

.... or should that be: "Mouth - Sheep - Tongue" ?
    yeah I had a thing for the propaganda watches for awhile even bought a bmph 3133
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    As ugly as it is, the Luch makes me smile:
    Every time I see/hear Perestroika, I think: "Gob - Baa - Chef"

.... or should that be: "Mouth - Sheep - Tongue" ?
    What have I started?

Well, they share the same basic DNA as the Arnie (H558) and Pre-Arnie (H556), but the parts aren't interchangeable in the main. I do have a soft spot for the H449 as I have one of them myself. Bought as a garbage bin find for next to nothing and a cheap dress donor picked up I managed to get her back up and running. Might have been a good contender for MFAS if the timing had been different!

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    pips probably your man for the info but I believe it's this model that use the same movement as my black dial

apparently my ones get strip down for the movements for these

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    Well, they share the same basic DNA as the Arnie (H558) and Pre-Arnie (H556), but the parts aren't interchangeable in the main. I do have a soft spot for the H449 as I have one of them myself. Bought as a garbage bin find for next to nothing and a cheap dress donor picked up I managed to get her back up and running. Might have been a good contender for MFAS if the timing had been different!
    thought someone said the modules was interchangeable ? awhile ? back when I talking about them ? and thought i had read it somewhere too ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

thought someone said the modules was interchangeable ? awhile ? back when I talking about them ? and thought i had read it somewhere too ?
    Don’t think so, but I stand ready to be corrected. I don’t the H449 shares any parts with the H558.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t think so, but I stand ready to be corrected. I don’t the H449 shares any parts with the H558.

think you miss understood my post to matt I was saying the black dial Seiko H556-500A was interchangable with the arnies watch
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

**** Mfas IV - The Voyage Home **** round two ****

think you miss understood my post to matt I was saying the black dial Seiko H556-500A was interchangable with the arnies watch
    Oh I see! Yes I had complete misunderstood. There are many parts that are interchangeable between those two, yes. In case anyone finds it helpful in future I made an interchangeability spreadsheet between the H556/H557/H558 movements when I started working on them. If you’d like the xls or pdf versions pm me.

Last edited by Pip; Jul 9, 2019 at 09:29 AM.

9. Likes is that my watch, Matt liked this post
    Oh I see! Yes I had complete misunderstood. There are many parts that are interchangeable between those two, yes. In case anyone finds it helpful in future I made an interchangeability spreadsheet between the H556/H557/H558 movements when I started working on them. If you’d like the xls or pdf versions pm me.

just leave the question can the whole module be swap straight over or is just parts are interchangeable ?
    way I took it it was that you could pull the module from one take the dial and hands off and drop it straight in to the other and then put the dial and hands of that one on
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

voting open to sat
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy