Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safe Deposit Boxes Aren’t Safe

That's a long article. What's the tldr please?!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

2. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Or my trusted method a gun safe and wireless cloud connected cameras.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

4. Likes Chicolabronse, Cybotron liked this post
    So can this one fit using Walken’s method??

6. Likes Chicolabronse liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by synequano View Post
    So can this one fit using Walken’s method??

No probs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Angus View Post
    My feeling is that the value and number of items “lost” is often inflated by the owner in order to increase any legal claim they can make. The missing items are never the least valuable.

In the case of the main subject of the article, the bank opened his box, inventoried it, then returned less items to him than what they originally inventoried.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Times
    “There’s no question that Wells Fargo drilled the box and took the contents out of it, put in storage and then returned it,” John North, a lawyer representing the bank, said at a court hearing last year. “The underlying dispute is, was everything returned or not?”
    That isn’t really in dispute. When Wells Fargo employees opened Mr. Poniz’s box, they created an inventory that included 92 watches. When workers at the bank’s storage facility in North Carolina counted the items, they listed only 85. Also missing were dozens of rare coins that were listed in the first inventory, but not the second.

10. Likes Col Angus liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    In the case of the main subject of the article, the bank opened his box, inventoried it, then returned less items to him than what they originally inventoried.
    True, but the missing items happen to be worth quite a considerable sum. Others in the article were missing multiple, and very expensive articles. Claims are easier to prove with evidence in the form of receipts, photographs, appraisals, police reports etc.

Not trying to judge anyone’s credibility but sometimes the worst of human nature takes over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just feel like posting this one here

13. Likes Chicolabronse liked this post