well now we come down to the last two watches left in the competition the zila and the baoxuan, the winner will receive a badge and a 1980's Chinese zhufeng 21600 17 jewelled goddess holographic watch.

Thank you all who enter and those that voted hope you had fun with it good luck guys

As always ismy

crownpuller and the zila .

After much deliberation and thinking about last year's 'full restoration job'; I've decided to go the opposite end of the scale with the one that required/requires next to zero effort.
Even though I prefer (visually) both the Avia & the Mira, they both need a bit of fettling and I figured it'd be more in keeping with the spirit of the game if I submitted one 'as bought'.
So, after a rub down with a microfiber cloth; I present:

The ZILA

Purchased as one of a joblot of 6 for £18 (inc. P&P), it ran 'sweet' from the first wind. I've not put it on the Timegrapher yet but it's within a few seconds a day of my Zodiac (chronometer). It came on a Speidel expanding bracelet which is a bit 'yellow' for my liking but kind of goes with the watch; and it's at least wearable... though I probably won't very much.

There's not much to see around the back....

... until you remove the back:

... then it's rather attractive. I can't/won't pretend this wasn't a factor in my decision to submit this one. There's a couple of fine tool marks on it but otherwise as clean as can be.
It's a FHF25 (identified by our competition host ) from circa 1950, and as mentioned above is running very well.

vs

djw and the Baoxuan

So my entry is this great condition Baoxuan watch made in china .Measuring just the right size for me (lately) 37 mm (Inc crown) and 44 mm lug to lug and 18 mm band. I have been very lucky this time as it came in a little wooden box and looks to be in nearly new condition and with a light polish and a Darlena strap was ready to go.
The beating heart of this 17 jewel beauty is a SN2 movement from the southern Chinese city of Jieyang and apparently a low cost but reliable and accurate thing with about 50 hrs of go in it. There is a link to a tear down by Watch Guy which as usual is fantastic (you can see it here: https://watchguy.co.uk/teardown-serv...watch-factory/

So far it has been quite accurate only gaining about 1 minute a day (which is just great for me)

I really like it especially the red jewel on the second hand and it would have been something i would have bought anyway, and for £16.09 all in and a spare strap i had i think it’s a bargain.

Some of my text has been borrowed from that great Chinese collector Saskwatch . Many thanks.

voting will be done as a view-able vote so those on tapacrap who want to vote can just say here and then when voting finishes will add those to the score on tallying up .. every one is welcome to vote whether they have enter anything or not