Likes Likes:  1,092
Page 43 of 286 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: TV you just love (or at least really like)

I still quite can't believe both the brothers are played by Ewan Mcgregor !

It's pretty much obviously him (spot him a MILE off !!!) with the portrayal of Ray , but I would swear that Emmit is a COMPLETELY different person !!!

I had to start scrutinising certain subtle features of his skin (like a tiny tiny insignificant mole under his right eye for instance) on Ray and checking I could see them on Emmit to fully accept it really was him !! ..... and even now he's just about completely lost in whatever makeup trick they've done to Emmit
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

2. Likes uchinanchu liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I'm more of a Billy Bob Thornton fan, myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same.

Lorne Malvo: I need a police scanner.
    Calamity Joe: Got a special on remote control helicopters.
    Lorne Malvo: Can you monitor police activity on it?
    Calamity Joe: Doubt it.

So good.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

That

First time I've seen the dude , he was ACE
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Just finishing Master of None on Netflix (2 eps left). Think Raza wrote about it in another thread. Easily one of the better shows I've seen in a long time. It's funny, warm, political and just all around good.

6. Likes TJMike5150 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Just finishing Master of None on Netflix (2 eps left). It's funny, warm, political and just all around good.
    Sounds like my idea of hell!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Sounds like my idea of hell!
    You might be surprised. It does bring up topics of race/gender/sexuality etc. but where some other shows fail, this manages to do it without patronising.

Blog Entries
    Just finishing Master of None on Netflix (2 eps left). Think Raza wrote about it in another thread. Easily one of the better shows I've seen in a long time. It's funny, warm, political and just all around good.
    Yeah, I love that show.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

10. Likes TJMike5150 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    You might be surprised. It does bring up topics of race/gender/sexuality etc. but where some other shows fail, this manages to do it without patronising.
    Definitely. It helps for me that Aziz Ansari and I had similar upbringings, both being first generation born in American to Muslim immigrants. We sort of struggle with the same issues of religion and identity and all that stuff. Like that one scene where he's going on a date with the Indian girl and they're both like "I'm not one of those people who only dates Indians"; it's a small, very real touch that adds a lot of authenticity to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Definitely. It helps for me that Aziz Ansari and I had similar upbringings, both being first generation born in American to Muslim immigrants. We sort of struggle with the same issues of religion and identity and all that stuff. Like that one scene where he's going on a date with the Indian girl and they're both like "I'm not one of those people who only dates Indians"; it's a small, very real touch that adds a lot of authenticity to the show.
    I can imagine it hits even more notes for you. Think the strength of the show is reflected in the fact that even I, a middle class white Swede can relate to much of what is played out. And gain a better understanding.

13. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I can imagine it hits even more notes for you. Think the strength of the show is reflected in the fact that even I, a middle class white Swede can relate to much of what is played out. And gain a better understanding.
    Yeah, the show is utterly brilliant. Even the episode about Denise, I was like "Ugh, Denise? She's the weakest character." And it was a great episode. Probably an Emmy winning episode, most likely.

15. Likes FuzzyB liked this post