Likes Likes:  443
Page 1 of 96 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Wot u readin'?

Hybrid View

Wot u readin'?

There doesn't seem to be a book thread yet, so here's a book thread.
    I've just stated High Rise, by JG Ballard, which has my favourite opening to a book for quite some time.

2. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Houdini!!! The Career of Ehrich Weiss.

Saw the miniseries about him recently and really enjoyed it. My wife got me the book as a gift, and I'm hooked. Very fascinating and multi-faceted man.

Blog Entries
    The Burning Room by Michael Connelly

Jeannie

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    The Burning Room by Michael Connelly

Jeannie
    Also read all of Harry Bosch books Read 1 to !8 then waited ages for the end of his Career
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

Just started 'Split Second' by David Baldacci.

"When the Mob Ran Vegas" Michael Simon.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Unfortunately this:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416611842.614129.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  43.0 KB

9. Likes Rusty, pepperami, Der Amf, JohnF liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by RobotAZ View Post
    Unfortunately this:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416611842.614129.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  43.0 KB
    That looks boring.....
    (I'll get my coat)

11. Likes geoffbot, Jeannie, Rob liked this post
    Just started Brave New World, but not sure if I'll keep it up. It's pretty cold and grey here, so I might keep it til summer lest I kill myself.

I'm also haphazardly re-reading Ford's Lay of the Land (I like to peruse the last 2 of his Bascombe trilogy at the appropriate holiday times, this one being American Thanksgiving).

Also started a collection of short stories by the great Canadian Alice Munro. First time reading her, ashamed to say.

13. Likes Ryan, OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Statius View Post
    Just started Brave New World, but not sure if I'll keep it up. It's pretty cold and grey here, so I might keep it til summer lest I kill myself.

I'm also haphazardly re-reading Ford's Lay of the Land (I like to peruse the last 2 of his Bascombe trilogy at the appropriate holiday times, this one being American Thanksgiving).

Also started a collection of short stories by the great Canadian Alice Munro. First time reading her, ashamed to say.
    I read BNW recently and really liked it, very prescient and it does pick up story wise after a bit