Likes Likes:  730
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: **** Wildlife Photographs ****

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Test. I cannot see the photo in your post.

Nope. Quoting you didn't work either.
    Dunno what happened Henry

Here it is again (a bit less detail (i.e. compressed to some extent) that the original as I've just pulled it off my facebook where I also posted it the other day)

Combination price reductions now on the chrono's if buying both together - grab a bargain.
    For sale > JUNKERS 3133 Chronograph < For sale

For sale > ZEPPELIN 3133 Chronograph < For sale

2. Likes Henry Krinkle, FuzzyB liked this post
    That worked. Nice one.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Probably about 20 other shots around the same 10/20 seconds of flight out of focus

Just about managed to track him handheld (Sigma 70-200) and picked off a couple of good ones.
    Combination price reductions now on the chrono's if buying both together - grab a bargain.

6. Likes Henry Krinkle, FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Probably about 20 other shots around the same 10/20 seconds of flight out of focus

Just about managed to track him handheld (Sigma 70-200) and picked off a couple of good ones.
    It only ever takes one in the end, but you need to capture that one. I always take multiple shots when I have the chance. You don't want to know how many I took on the reefs.

It only ever takes one in the end, but you need to capture that one. I always take multiple shots when I have the chance. You don't want to know how many I took on the reefs.
    My wife always laughs at me when I come back from a trip with 2-3000 shots. I always take multiple shots because I know 90% or more will be deleted.
    -Brian

9. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    My wife always laughs at me when I come back from a trip with 2-3000 shots. I always take multiple shots because I know 90% or more will be deleted.
    The TG-5 tells me I took just over 2000 shots. I've only barely started editing/processing and have deleted around 500 already.

11. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    These came from the worst day on the reef, weather wise. The water was super choppy and very gritty, but the reef had quite a few fish on it. I was quite taken by this solitary juvenile yellowtail damselfish.

P4161625_01 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

The blue headed wrasse that is also in this picture seemed very hungry. It was super aggressive towards the little yellow, black and silver things (some kind of goby, maybe)

P4161623_01 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Apr 18, 2018 at 06:16 PM.

13. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    It only ever takes one in the end, but you need to capture that one. I always take multiple shots when I have the chance..
    Yup

that happened with this one from last year (which practice I must revisit this year )

The original is sharper , this has suffered from compression again , cos I’ve pulled it off my facebook)

just as-is though. Straight off the camera

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Seriously; Apr 18, 2018 at 06:54 PM.

15. Likes FuzzyB, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    I've got the first elimination done on the underwater pics. I went from 1200 plus down to around 250. I think it will be quite easy to drop that down another 100. I find with the underwater images off the TGs that one often doesn't really know whether the photo is any good until after processing. After that next 1100 it will get harder. There are some photos that are pretty crappy..." but, but, but... That one is a picture of a snake eel!" and things like that.

17. Likes FuzzyB liked this post