Likes Likes:  22
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: quality brands that no longer exist

Sadly, I have a addiction to simple handwind movements and an abiding love of the thirty series Omega and the 27CS Smiths movements in many of their guises. which keeps alot of m favorites small. In fact, when I'm not thinking about it, my comfort rotation is between this:

and this

Not so much watches as slippers.

2. Likes DJW GB liked this post
    I really like my Olma. Beautiful pie pan dial and stainless case. Cost a whole $55.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

4. Likes Der Amf, DJW GB, Dan R liked this post
    The subject of this thread makes me think Doxa worthy of keeping note of?

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/my-...g-1265226.html

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    The subject of this thread makes me think Doxa worthy of keeping note of?

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/my-...g-1265226.html
    Doxa was one of the members of the consortium that produced the auto winder for the AS1687 ebauche, along with the aforementioned Zodiac, Girard-Perregaux, and Favre-Leuba (Eberhard was the fifth member). But I have never seen it. Vintage Doxa non-divers seem to be scarce as hen's teeth.

Rick "probably a decent midGrade watch in the day, like those others" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdenney View Post
    Doxa was one of the members of the consortium that produced the auto winder for the AS1687 ebauche, along with the aforementioned Zodiac, Girard-Perregaux, and Favre-Leuba (Eberhard was the fifth member). But I have never seen it. Vintage Doxa non-divers seem to be scarce as hen's teeth.

Rick "probably a decent midGrade watch in the day, like those others" Denney
    I wouldn't say the non-divers are rare. There are always plenty on eBay. From what I have seen Doxas tend to be bigger diameter then other brands but lots of them are chrome plated and not stainless steel.