So I've seen lots of debate as to whether it's bad for a watch if you move the hands counter-clockwise to set it, for instance, when you travel west through different time zones, and also whether it's bad to hack a non-hacking movement by keeping pressure on the crown just enough for the seconds hand to stop. Consensus seemed to be neither was bad for most watches, but making the seconds hand actually run backwards could be bad, potentially chipping pallet stones.

When I got my Breguet Marine, which has an F. Piguet 1150 movement that does not hack (modified by Breguet to run at 28,800 instead of 21,600), I was reluctant to move the hands backward or to hack it, so I emailed Breguet. It took a couple of weeks, but I did get the following response, which I post here in case others are curious as to their answer:

"Following your request, we are pleased to inform you that turning the hands backwards on your Breguet time piece has no negative effect on the movement as long as the hands do not pass over midnight.

Indeed passing midnight backwards can cause some strain in the date mechanism, although there are securities to avoid any permanent damage, this is not recommended.

Stopping the second hand by turning the hands backwards or just by holding them back has no lasting negative effect on the watch either, as soon as the crown is pushed back in or the hands turned forward the watch will run again as it did before."

So, there you have it, at least for this movement.