Likes Likes:  4,766
Page 2 of 162 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Traveling Watch

charming idea William - nice one

well hello bob it depends if it went around america first it would be of less expensive with the posting but it it went back and forwards to other country's to would make the travel a lot more in distance I think the souvenir idea is good but think it should be a gift to the next person having bob then it will always be a light parcel otherwise it could get to complicated
    so say a souvenir from host to host sounds good then you would take a few pics to put on here so we can track the progress of bob

has there been decide the bob yet watchdaddy ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by bu11itt View Post
    I'm in 100%.

If I remember from WUS the blue whale had a list with the order the watch travelled, a waiting list so to speak. Are we going to do something like that or just have the person who has it send it to the next person of their choosing?
    That's up to you all either way, I would love to see it travel to every part of the world & have every1 get in on this assuming they want to participate
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bu11itt View Post
    I'm in 100%.

If I remember from WUS the blue whale had a list with the order the watch travelled, a waiting list so to speak. Are we going to do something like that or just have the person who has it send it to the next person of their choosing?
    There are benefits and drawbacks either way. If we don't group it somewhat based on geography, the thread will be slower to update as we wait on a lot of international shipping periods. But the upside is that there will be more variety as it bounces from country to country. If we have it do a tour of Europe, North America, Asia, it will likely move quicker between updates, but with the possibility of several updates in a row from the same part of the world. Either way, we will have to be flexible in cases such as Jeannie and I. We live near each other in the same state, so having it go from her to me might not be ideal even though we would both put a different spin on things.

5. Likes bu11itt liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    There are benefits and drawbacks either way. If we don't group it somewhat based on geography, the thread will be slower to update as we wait on a lot of international shipping periods. But the upside is that there will be more variety as it bounces from country to country. If we have it do a tour of Europe, North America, Asia, it will likely move quicker between updates, but with the possibility of several updates in a row from the same part of the world. Either way, we will have to be flexible in cases such as Jeannie and I. We live near each other in the same state, so having it go from her to me might not be ideal even though we would both put a different spin on things.
    think the local to local would keep the thread fresh but happy anyway
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

I'm in, cool idea. One more thing in favor of letting it go back and forth around the world is that it might make the little local gifts more special, in other words, getting one from something in amother country vs. your own. OTOH, it would make shipping more expensive. I'm cool either way.

8. Likes is that my watch, bu11itt liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I'm in, cool idea. One more thing in favor of letting it go back and forth around the world is that it might make the little local gifts more special, in other words, getting one from something in amother country vs. your own. OTOH, it would make shipping more expensive. I'm cool either way.
    yeah it's the shipping that's the thing more the time it takes
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

I would be honored to be included. As I already wrote, this is a wonderful memorial for your friend.

I'd love to be including and show some pictures of this little corner of the world.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

I'd be happy to give the watch a tour of greater NYC.