Likes Likes:  4,766
Page 3 of 162 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Traveling Watch

Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    There are benefits and drawbacks either way. If we don't group it somewhat based on geography, the thread will be slower to update as we wait on a lot of international shipping periods. But the upside is that there will be more variety as it bounces from country to country. If we have it do a tour of Europe, North America, Asia, it will likely move quicker between updates, but with the possibility of several updates in a row from the same part of the world. Either way, we will have to be flexible in cases such as Jeannie and I. We live near each other in the same state, so having it go from her to me might not be ideal even though we would both put a different spin on things.
    I'm sure the community.. no... family here can come up with something that works for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I'm in, cool idea. One more thing in favor of letting it go back and forth around the world is that it might make the little local gifts more special, in other words, getting one from something in amother country vs. your own. OTOH, it would make shipping more expensive. I'm cool either way.
    That is an excellent point for the international travel option.

In case anyone is curious, here are all the volunteers so far in this thread...

Jeannie
    Chicolabronse
    underwatermechanic
    OTGabe
    meijlinder
    bu11itt
    is that my watch (I think. Never saw an definitive “I’m in”)
    mlcor
    Henry Krinkle
    93EXCivic
    Ryan
    Last edited by bu11itt; Jul 14, 2015 at 06:38 PM. Reason: added Ryan to the list

just thought could be twins have one going around america have one going around Europe and at some point they could swap over maybe ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by bu11itt View Post
    I'm sure the community.. no... family here can come up with something that works for everyone.

That is an excellent point for the international travel option.

In case anyone is curious, here are all the volunteers so far in this thread...

Jeannie
    Chicolabronse
    underwatermechanic
    OTGabe
    meijlinder
    bu11itt
    is that my watch (I think. Never saw an definitive “I’m in”)
    mlcor
    Henry Krinkle
    93EXCivic
    Ryan
    well the list started on the other thread people put their names up on that to start with so they should add in
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    just thought could be twins have one going around america have one going around Europe and at some point they could swap over maybe ?
    Remember, though, the trinkets won't accumulate, so it doesn't solve the "local trinkets" issue.

What if we ask everyone, when they sign on to the list, to say if they are willing to ship overseas. I think at least one of our compatriots already did. I'm willing to send it overseas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Remember, though, the trinkets won't accumulate, so it doesn't solve the "local trinkets" issue.

What if we ask everyone, when they sign on to the list, to say if they are willing to ship overseas. I think at least one of our compatriots already did. I'm willing to send it overseas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    happy to ship anywhere to a degree it was just when it was done with vlad some time the thread would die for weeks waiting to here that it arrived safe were more local it could be a few days between location not weeks but yeah be cool to get some thing from a far away had once a native Indian bracelet that was so cool. I think some of these issue will get solve as it moves around it will fall in to a pattern so am easy really just thought it would keep it active more
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

More I than S underwatermechanic's Avatar
    I don't mind shipping internationally if it comes to it

Quote Originally Posted by underwatermechanic View Post
    I don't mind shipping internationally if it comes to it
    well you got to deffo have it when you go to sea think of the distance we could add to how far it travels

and how deep it travels
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well the list started on the other thread people put their names up on that to start with so they should add in
    Ok, I think this is everyone from both threads so far. I don't know how the list is going to be kept up to date, either in this thread or have one person keep it up, I'm ok with either. If no one wants to do it I will, but if someone would rather I'm not married to the idea of keeping it myself. So if anyone else has a better idea please bring it up.

Jeannie
    pepperami
    lyonk
    Chicolabronse
    underwatermechanic
    OTGabe
    meijlinder
    bu11itt
    is that my watch
    mlcor
    Henry Krinkle
    93EXCivic
    Ryan
    Churchy

As a side note, I really don't want to come across like I am trying to take over anything, it's just my engineering project planning nature. I can not stress enough that I am 100% on board with whatever the group wants.

10. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by bu11itt View Post
    Ok, I think this is everyone from both threads so far. I don't know how the list is going to be kept up to date, either in this thread or have one person keep it up, I'm ok with either. If no one wants to do it I will, but if someone would rather I'm not married to the idea of keeping it myself. So if anyone else has a better idea please bring it up.

Jeannie
    pepperami
    lyonk
    Chicolabronse
    underwatermechanic
    OTGabe
    meijlinder
    bu11itt
    is that my watch
    mlcor
    Henry Krinkle
    93EXCivic
    Ryan
    Churchy

As a side note, I really don't want to come across like I am trying to take over anything, it's just my engineering project planning nature. I can not stress enough that I am 100% on board with whatever the group wants.
    think some one needs to keep keep the list up to date and for that matter maybe to help work out logistics to
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

12. Likes bu11itt liked this post