Likes Likes:  4,766
Page 40 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Traveling Watch

This is so interesting...I'm seeing a completey different side of US and Canada..!

These quaint towns with all the history are brill, all quite like the town I live in!

I've never heard of any of the towns so it's quite a treat for me

Throw in the watch and Bobs travels and it truly is a great story!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I'm not sure where I want to retire: Saskatoon, Libertyville, or Ambler!

Jeannie
    You might want to consider the winter weather in all of these locations before retiring (full time) to any of them.

3. Likes watchdaddy1, Henry Krinkle, BillyR___ liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    You might want to consider the winter weather in all of these locations before retiring (full time) to any of them.
    Yes the weather is noticeably nice in almost all the pics so far!

5. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperami View Post
    Yes the weather is noticeably nice in almost all the pics so far!
    We can (and do) have some beautiful summer weather. But, for instance, last winter (2014-15), we got over 100 inches of snow. For you metric folks, that's over 2.5 meters. And our mean temperature in winter is somewhere around -2 C. Probably Saskatoon is a lot worse, though...

7. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    We can (and do) have some beautiful summer weather. But, for instance, last winter (2014-15), we got over 100 inches of snow. For you metric folks, that's over 2.5 meters. And our mean temperature in winter is somewhere around -2 C. Probably Saskatoon is a lot worse, though...
    We have less extremes in Ireland, almost like 2 seasons, Spring and Autumn

Snow like you described would appear once in a generation and cripple the country... We're not used to it!

Rain on the other hand can be an almost daily occurrence! Max temperature this summer was around 25degrees C.

Expecting a storm overnight and a yellow warning been issued..so lots of rain..again

9. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    what a wonderful tour Brian - real kudos to you - just one observation that town is scarily 'Trumanesque' yours is a difficult act to follow !!!

11. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I've lived in both Pennsylvania and Alaska so the winters wouldn't entirely shock me. But you make a good point that I'm a southern girl at heart.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

13. Likes mlcor, watchdaddy1, FuzzyB liked this post
    I like Ambler.

15. Likes skywatch, FuzzyB liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperami View Post
    We have less extremes in Ireland, almost like 2 seasons, Spring and Autumn

Snow like you described would appear once in a generation and cripple the country... We're not used to it!

Rain on the other hand can be an almost daily occurrence! Max temperature this summer was around 25degrees C.

Expecting a storm overnight and a yellow warning been issued..so lots of rain..again

Rain.... ahhh, rain. I remember rain. She was a friend of mine. Where did she go? Four year drought in California and everything is on fire it seems.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

17. Likes pepperami liked this post
    Excellent advice! In the 5 years we have lived here, we have had several rough winters, including setting the record for snow in recorded history.

Street parking is the worst.

19. Likes mlcor, deCompression liked this post