Likes Likes:  2,854
Page 194 of 203 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2024

Thread: Today I want one of these

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    What about those of us that will never retire unless we hit the lottery?

Forever young?
    That's creative problem solving.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. Likes Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Restraint and class.

I saw one of these at our village car show. Absolutely beautiful, and it looked sophisticated next to the red Ferraris that were parked either side of it. Red would too assertive (or brash) for some customers.
    Yeah, the 456 does not look great in red. A lot of them were in dark metallic blue (the press car was in that colour) but Rowan Atkinson, I remember, had one in a dark green. I think a nice, rich metallic colour worked well on those elegant, restrained lines whereas the flat red looks better over the various histrionic scoops, slats and bulges of the more shouty models.

4. Likes tribe125, Raza liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What did Steed and Mrs. Peel drive during the heyday of The Avengers? His was some sort of vintage car, as I recall and hers was some sort of zippy modern sports car. But i can't remember specifics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    What did Steed and Mrs. Peel drive during the heyday of The Avengers? His was some sort of vintage car, as I recall and hers was some sort of zippy modern sports car. But i can't remember specifics.

1930s Bentley Blower and Lotus Elan.

7. Likes crownpuller liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    It's literally the most luxury brand in the world I think. Ferrari and rolex I believe.
    Do they even have A/C? If I recall correctly, the wife insisted on renting the Porsche since it had air conditioning while neither the Ferrari nor Lamborghini did. There is nothing luxurious about sweating profusely, and the car you drive won’t change that. I also remember being a kid in Rochester. NY, and a friend of my dad’s having a Ferrari. This was the early 80s, so it would have been something similar to Magnum, PI’s red one. He had to take it, or have it transported, to Toronto to get it serviced. Owning cars like that just seems like more trouble than they’re worth. While I’d love to spend a day driving one, I would never, under any circumstances, even consider owning one; collectible classics that are rarely driven don’t count. What a total PITA ownership must be. I’m 100% serious.

Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

When I say luxury I don't mean comfortable seats, I mean luxury like a rolex is. Expensive, supremely recognisable, not subtle...
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    When I say luxury I don't mean comfortable seats, I mean luxury like a rolex is. Expensive, supremely recognisable, not subtle...
    Ah, sorry for the confusion on my part. I was using a different connotation of luxury and went down the "luxurious bath" road. Regardless, my point about these cars not having air conditioning remains.

Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    Do they even have A/C? If I recall correctly, the wife insisted on renting the Porsche since it had air conditioning while neither the Ferrari nor Lamborghini did. There is nothing luxurious about sweating profusely, and the car you drive won’t change that. I also remember being a kid in Rochester. NY, and a friend of my dad’s having a Ferrari. This was the early 80s, so it would have been something similar to Magnum, PI’s red one. He had to take it, or have it transported, to Toronto to get it serviced. Owning cars like that just seems like more trouble than they’re worth. While I’d love to spend a day driving one, I would never, under any circumstances, even consider owning one; collectible classics that are rarely driven don’t count. What a total PITA ownership must be. I’m 100% serious.

Ferraris have evolved over the years, for the better. All have A/C, and even modern touch screens, etc., plus they are far more reliable and need less service. For a number of years now, all new Ferraris have seven years of included maintenance, and that is transferable to successive owners.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Ferraris have evolved over the years, for the better. All have A/C, and even modern touch screens, etc., plus they are far more reliable and need less service. For a number of years now, all new Ferraris have seven years of included maintenance, and that is transferable to successive owners.

I still think the stress-to-fun ratio is way out of whack for me. I wouldn't get the enjoyment out of it. Should I somehow find myself owning one, it's yours.

14. Likes pacifico66, Mediocre, hayday, tribe125 liked this post