Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Friday - 31 July 2015 »»»»»»»»»

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Stunning!
    Thanks, Chase.

Стрела

Another gift from the postman (who came early today!):

Perhaps not 100% original (in particular the dial...), but nicely executed, with a strap that is not only appropriate (i.e., NOT a Bund, thank you) but also fits me on the next-to-the-last hole. Bonus!

Let's give it an afternoon on the wrist to evaluate.

Exposing my ignorance - what is the significance of the longer markings at 3,6,9 minutes (sub-dial at 3)?

Pushers work nicely - another question: *should* there be a "detent" feel to the flyback pusher? or not?

Name:  Strela_31July2015.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  102.0 KB
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

Quote Originally Posted by KennethRSloan View Post
    Perhaps not 100% original (in particular the dial...),

Lemme guess.......another Bulgarian special? Possibly Albanian?

Nice looking either way.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Quote Originally Posted by KennethRSloan View Post

Exposing my ignorance - what is the significance of the longer markings at 3,6,9 minutes (sub-dial at 3)?

I only know this because I asked the same question. I believe it is about phone calls when they were billed in 3 min intervals.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I have to say that when I saw that Jean Richard watches were being sold at big discounts I assumed they were owned by the same company as Maurice Lacroix (as that story had just broken).
    Seems like that isn't the case, but there does seem to be a lot of focus on the relative performance of the Swiss brands at the moment.
    As always my advice on anyone buying a heavily discounted watch (unless you know the RRP is massively inflated) is caveat emptor
    Absolutely. But then, I say caveat emptor on ANY watch purchase to be honest. I could have thought the same when Movado was blowing out Ebel in-house movement watches at the massive discounts they did. Boy am I ever glad I bought a 1911 BTR with the Cal 137 movement when I had the chance. I think these JR's are worth considerably more than what most of us paid. And I know for example, my buddy Max bought his Terascope from Timeless Luxury Watches (authorized dealer for JR) and paid a lot more than the Ashford fire sale prices. Still, I think he'd admit that his Terascope is a great watch even at the higher price he paid. I know I'm certainly glad I was able to get the Aquascope I got regardless of price. Only the fire sale price made it an even luckier purchase for me (and my checkbook).
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

8. Likes whatmeworry, -JP liked this post
    In with three minutes to go. Been busy today.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post

The more I see the non fluted DJ Bezel, the more I like it. Really nice watch there, Tribe.

11. Likes CFR, tribe125 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post

Nice LOVE that DJ

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

13. Likes tribe125 liked this post