Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your next Vacation?

What is your next Vacation?

Realized tonight that it is exactly a month until my Christmas vacation, can't believe how much I have to fit in before then.
    Anyway, Mrs O the master vacation planner has got us booked for a repeat of last Christmas.
    We are heading to Ft Lauderdale to catch Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas to St Martin, St Kitts, San Juan and Laberdee (Haiti.) 8 nights on the ship.
    With 4 kids the child care is great for us, they all love going to kids club and there is loads to do including climbing wall and ice rink.
    We will be meeting up with friends on Anguilla when we hit St Martin, and again more friends in San Juan. Should be great.

Mrs O has already got a trip planned in Feb, just her and #2 son who said he wanted to see Rome ( he's 7) and has partially booked the summer, a month in Panama learning Spanish.....not sure how much of the month I will get to do. Que sera sera.

So anyone else care to share vacation plans as we are always looking for new ideas, nothing too cold!

Mark
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

I went on a cruise in September of the South Pacific. You will have a great time.

3. Likes MarkO liked this post
    Heading down to LA with my wife in the middle of December. Definitely a vacation for her, since she's never been south of Monterey. For myself, it feels like a long awaited home coming. Spent a lot of time in Southern California when I was growing up… less recently, which is happily getting rectified.

On the agenda?

We'll be spending our time on the Queen Mary - something I've always wanted to do.
    A day or two of surfing for myself.
    A little diving, for sure.
    We'll probably hit up some of my favourite restaurants (Red Onion in Rolling Hills is on the must-go-to list).
    And, of course, we'll be spending a day at Disney Land. I haven't been since I was probably 10, and my wife has never been. She's pretty excited.

Oh - and of course I'll be swinging by a few watch shops. I noticed that Bob's Watches - of vintage Rolex fame is in Huntington Beach. I can see a day of surfing and watch browsing as being pretty relaxing.

5. Likes MarkO, Rob, bolaberlim liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    So anyone else care to share vacation plans as we are always looking for new ideas, nothing too cold!

Mark
    Sorry, not a new idea for you, but we're going to Turks and Caicos in February.

7. Likes MarkO, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by cedargrove View Post
    Sorry, not a new idea for you, but we're going to Turks and Caicos in February.
    Is this your first time? If you need any help or information drop me a PM. Alternatively, if something comes up when you are here, this is me.

Last edited by MarkO; Nov 20, 2014 at 11:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    Next April planning on starting in Sydney and cruising back to Vancouver.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

Blog Entries
    The wife now wants to relocate to the eastern north dakota area. Our next vacation will most likely be a scouting mission.

We're heading back to Albufeira, PT in January; for the 6th time.

John
    If you come to a fork in the road; take it, and then put it down so someone else can use it.

My next vacation takes place in exactly four weeks. I'll be spending Christmas on Seven Mile beach:

Name:  Jamaica.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  39.2 KB

Name:  Jamaica1.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  51.2 KB

Name:  Jamaica2.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  32.1 KB

Name:  Jamaica3.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  49.7 KB

Name:  Jamaica4.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  92.4 KB

Snorkeling, cave swimming, ocean kayaking, lying on the beach and eating patties, brown stew this and that, lion fish and drinking.

Then in February friends are getting married in Cuba and we'll be going there too. I will deep sea fish, snorkel and kite surf there. Cuban food is inferior but there is a lobster shack down the beach from where we are staying.

13. Likes MarkO, jsw41, geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    The wife now wants to relocate to the eastern north dakota area. Our next vacation will most likely be a scouting mission.
    I have very little knowledge of that part of the US, perhaps a thread sharing information about where you live or plan to live would be of interest to members.
    We could cover quite a few states that way and several other countries.