Likes Likes:  71
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: +++++ What's your favorite dive watch(es) of all time ? +++++

Blog Entries
    Seriously, though, the MM300 is just so hard to get off the wrist, isn't it?

There are other divers I love. I think I'm the only one out there who is head over heels for the Rolex DeepSea. I love the big case, the weird 21mm lugs, the strangely tapering bracelet, and the absurd thickness. I really like the new no-date ceramic Submariner too. And don't even get me started on the gorgeousness of the Planet Ocean (black dial with all white markers for me, please). But there's just something about the MM300.

I had always planned to swap the MM300 with a DeepSea when the funds allowed for it. But now...well, now I'm thinking that even when the funds allow it, I may have to keep the MM300 too.

2. Likes stew77 liked this post
    Without the slightest hesitation it's the MM300 for me..I dont own or even held one but I adore them.

4. Likes stew77 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by thewalrus View Post
    A really tough question. I think for me, it'd be the Doxa Sub series. I have a 1000T that's in regular rotation... and it just feels nautical on the wrist. The company itself has a vast - and underrated - history in maritime exploration and dive watch development.
    I've recently seen some pics on Instagram of the 1000T that are making me want one (Shark Hunter, please). I'm finding out they are hard to acquire.

Blog Entries
    My list comprises of the usual suspects. The Sub 5513, because it was probably the first wristwatch that I ever took notice of when I saw Live And Let Die as an impressionable kid back in the '70s. Finally snagged a 1982 model earlier this year.

The Omega Seamaster 300 (WatchCo rebuild), because it can't be mistaken for a Rolex Submariner;

The 42mm Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean (Cal 2500C). I prefer this first generation model to their current one. I just think Omega got so many things right with this watch.

The Seiko 7002 (circa 1993). $45.oo off eBay. Then another $160 or so to get it looking like this. Snowflake hands, two new dials/chapter rings (blue and orange), then a quick mix & match. Oh, and another thirty bucks for the bracelet. This is a beater, hence the paint specks on the crystal. But I'm still careful with it, 'cos it looks so nice.

And lastly, I don't have one of these, but it's such a nice hybrid of Submariner and Seamaster. And, this would be nice to wear when you don't want to trash a Submariner or Seamaster. It's a Squale Atmos Militaire. Because they don't all have to be quarterbacks, people.

picture courtesy of www.gnomonwatches.com

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

8. Likes gnuyork, stew77, WatchNut22 liked this post
    Great selection !

Especially the Roli & Seamster.
    Those are awesome vintage diver.
    Regards Phil
    Moderator German Watches & Dive Watches

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deCompression View Post
    Great selection !

Especially the Roli & Seamster.
    Those are awesome vintage diver.
    Thank-you, sir. They were my grail watches, especially the 5513. When I first saw one at the impressionable age of nine, I think it kind of burned itself into my subconscious with regard to how I thought a wristwatch should look. For somebody who has never dived, I'm always partial to dive watches!

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

These...All four modern classics:

Last edited by Samanator; May 25, 2016 at 07:51 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

12. Likes Teeritz, deCompression, stew77, WatchNut22 liked this post
    That's a great one.

Like the vintage vibe.
    Regards Phil

I have to add this one to my list.

The U2 is so close to the perfect watch.

> fully tegimented
    > GMT function
    > 2000m WR
    > typical SINN technologies
    > size for all activities
    > perfect readability
    > wearable on each strap

Regards Phil

15. Likes synequano, stew77 liked this post