Likes Likes:  20
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brand Perception

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I'm pretty open-minded about watch materials but half-timbered would be a step too far.
    Saw some of those at the pharmacy checkout counter on the weekend
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  51.7 KB

Thats totally going to be Eolex's next play..
    IWL ROLEX/TUDOR FORUM HELMUT UHREN ATELIER

Fine bespoke leather straps & accessories

Black Friday sale now on... discount code BlackFriday2016 saves you 49% no limit!

2. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Rolex already did the wood dial on the DD:

Personally, I wouldn't mind wearing that one, only on leather though.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    I just had another thought. Tudor has been around for so long and up until a few years ago seemed to be little more than an afterthought to Rolex.
    Tudor has quite a few older models that don't mimic Rolexes, so I'm not sure I agree with this.

On another note, some Tudor Subs even shared cases and crowns with Rolex Subs, so that seems like a hell of a deal to me. Makes me wonder with the price difference was between a Tudor and Rolex back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Imitation of Life View Post
    On another note, some Tudor Subs even shared cases and crowns with Rolex Subs, so that seems like a hell of a deal to me. Makes me wonder with the price difference was between a Tudor and Rolex back in the day.
    I'm guessing not nearly as much as what it is today. Some of those models differed only in movement and dial. That got me to thinking about the "value" of the Rolex movement. It would be interesting what Tudor would charge for an ETA powered Sub today if it used the same case and other bits as the Rolex. (I started the other thread about buying a Sub with a 2824 to explore that thought some more.)