Likes Likes:  1,948
Page 2 of 330 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What music are you listening to right now?

Pride and Joy by Stevie Ray Vaughn on the Strat and Albert King on the flipped Flying V. Peopla complain Albert didn't keep his guitar tuned but he just used a dropped minor.

Thanks to Ilitig8s 13th Floor Elevators, I have had a day filled with garage/psych. Here is one from my favourite 80s garage revivalists

3. Likes ilitig8, Strange liked this post
    Mr. Krinkle got me thinking about revivals and covers and all the threads that tie "my" music together. This is Social Distortion covering Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire. I first saw them live when I was still reeling from the death of Stevie Ray Vaughn in 1990 and their first album was on the 13th Floor Records label amazing how the threads intersect with my choices for this thread.

I'll keep this post short, but I've been playing anything and everything Horrendous lately. "The Stranger," in particular, is fantastic.

6. Likes Upstate, BillyR___, Ryan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    What band and what song and or album, youtube vids of the songs would be cool too, I love finding stuff I am unaware of. A nugget of info about the band would also be nice.

I am listening to "You're gonna miss you" by The 13th Floor Elevators a band from Austin TX that may have been the first psychedelic rock band.
    My two favourite tracks from that general scene:

First.... We Gotta Go

8. Likes Strange liked this post
    ...and the second Ritual

Both learnt of on the wonderful Garage Hangover website a few years ago

I Wanna Be Sedated by the Ramones, I suppose this song marked the beginning of their more pop sound, interestingly was picked by NPR to be one of the 100 most important American musical works of the 20th century. The music video was made about a decade after the songs release.

11. Likes vinylgreek, Strange, shemp liked this post
    I wonder what song Johnny is playing in my avatar? I like to imagine it's Teenage Lobotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I wonder what song Johnny is playing in my avatar? I like to imagine it's Teenage Lobotomy.
    Could be...

14. Likes Strange liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    Could be...

This EXACT shot, complete with caption, used to be my twitter avatar a couple of years ago

16. Likes ilitig8 liked this post