Likes Likes:  270
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ORIENT Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by birdynamnam View Post
    It's a Bambino on shell cordovan brown strap

Damn! You made that Bambino look gooooooooooooood!

Here's my Black Friday deal from Island Watch. Ordered on Thursday (yeah, they started the sale early) and had it on Monday. Great service as usual!

Orient Star Seeker. This one has interested me for a while and after stupidly selling my Orient Star Retrograde, I jumped on this like a duck on a june bug. Really nice, and looks better in person. The dial has a pearl-like finish.

Orient Star Seeker-5 by fortsonre, on Flickr

Orient Star Seeker-6 by fortsonre, on Flickr

Orient Star Seeker-9 by fortsonre, on Flickr

Orient Star Seeker-11 by fortsonre, on Flickr

Orient Star Seeker-2 by fortsonre, on Flickr

Only one for me..really need to get another Orient!

Suprised this is the first Ray on the thread!

Sent from my GT-I9505

4. Likes DJW GB, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyR___ View Post
    Would it kill you if I asked the story? This watch is too sexy not to know the back story.
    No, of course not. It's probably not terribly interesting, that's all.
    Back in the 70's, I was a lifeguard; I also was a diver, and I surfed, and needed a reliable waterproof watch. All my colleagues and instructors wore Seiko diver watches. Ladies dive watches were hard to come by here, so the women just wore men's Seikos. I wanted something a little different. I went to the local jeweller close to my home, Louis Coppen, who had some nice dive watches. He tried to talk me into a Candino (saying it was a much better watch), but I fell in love with the styling of this Orient. I paid $75 for it.
    I wore it everywhere. Work, play, diving, snorkelling, flying, skiing, cycling, (and much more intimate activities), travelling, fresh water, salt water, blistering heat, freezing cold, wild parties........it was my primary sports (or "tool") watch, and my constant companion. It never leaked, and ran flawlessly for 34 years until its first service in 2011. Even then, it was running well. When my watchmaker opened it up, the movement was sparkling. All he needed to do was clean it to remove the old oils, reassemble and lubrucate, and replace the seals.
    It's been the most amazing watch, even moreso considering the price I paid in 1977. When I wear it, I instantly relive all the events I experienced while wearing it. I'm sure it must be part of my DNA by now.

~Sherry.
    Last edited by popoki nui; Dec 7, 2014 at 05:33 AM.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Wow that's a great story Sherry thanks for sharing. DW.

sent from Billy super-Duper

7. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    My only Orient right now is the Orient Star classic. I have owned a Mako and Bambino in the past though.

Grand Seiko SBGR053 ¦ Nomos Tangomat Datum ¦ ​Tudor Pelagos ¦ ​Grand Seiko SBGA011

The 300 Diver

Yellow Bullet

Blue Bullet
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

That is a very good looking watch-

"Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

11. Likes Munchie, DJW GB, popoki nui liked this post
    Bad pics, cool watches.
    Attached Images Attached Images