Likes Likes:  4

Thread: **** Why Buy a Russian Watch ****

**** Why Buy a Russian Watch ****

pic care of Colin63

Welcome to the IWL Russian Watches Forum

So most Russian watches are mechanical there was a quote by I think it was Lenin that every Russian man should be able to wind his own watch or words to that affect. but not all are there are quartz too.

I have some from the late 80's early 90's have done a few threads about them . But as I said mainly mechanical using jewelled movements of different amounts of jewels you can spend any where from a £15 to a thousand plus roughly depending whether new or old and condition .

Many of us Russian watch collectors consider this to be outstanding value for money for a quality mechanical watch. the High-end luxury watches are also available.

Designs tend to be strong and functional. If you like diver, aviator or military-style watches, you will probably like Russian watches.

*** AMPHIBIANS ***

****vostock komandirskie gallery ****

**** Zlatoust love them or hate them ? ? They are still a beast of a watch ****

Russia is not new to watch-making. It has a rich history of manufacturing mechanical watches that dates back more than eighty years.

Interested in The Roots of the Russian Watch Industry?

Russian Watchmaking Today

Any else in on the nVCH-30 project?

Exciting news for Russian watch lovers. New Luch 2209s!

**** Vostok Timeline ****

**** List of Vostok models movements ****

Interesting Fact: The Sturmanskie watch manufactured by the First Moscow Watch Factory was the first watch in space. Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin wore this watch on April 12, 1961 when he became the first person in space.

Celebrating Cosmonautics Day

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Strela167, meijlinder liked this post
    Wow mate, that took some work. Cheers

Always thought they did such a good job on the 50th to get a proper homage/re-issue similar but modern, as beffiting

Name:  LGIM0014.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  261.0 KB

as Vostok had already bought the 26 tooling and old stock they re-worked for this too

Vostok are bringing out some modern classics in the making at the mo. imo.
    Live long and prosper.

Hope Raketa see the light and lower their prices. Some stunners.

Great pity the 31's are no longer made/ Maktime had a go for a few years, guess old machines/re-furb./man power/getting anyone in

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    cheer's mate thought that it was time we had a sort of where to start thread as most of the rest of the forums had there's for a while was in to minds to ask if it could be sticky so that it was like a welcome page of sorts we had a couple at the start but they got a bit bury so have put links to them. then when threads of interest turn up members could paste them to here. .

what do you think ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

this one should be added in thinking of it well written and well thought out to

Long term review of the Vostok Amphibian

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    cheer's mate thought that it was time we had a sort of where to start thread as most of the rest of the forums had there's for a while was in to minds to ask if it could be sticky so that it was like a welcome page of sorts we had a couple at the start but they got a bit bury so have put links to them. then when threads of interest turn up members could paste them to here. .

what do you think ?
    Ace !!

Two thimbs up on that one.

Generally my own thoughts would be if anyone had to get one watch it would have to be ....... (sorry....) eco-drive
    if a proper long lasting workhorse Russian.

Vostok being one of the few,very few on a global scale, who can do the lot. There has been talk about updating the movement too. Quick set date. Would like a direct seconds myself
    Vostok rules ok

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Ace !!

Two thimbs up on that one.

Generally my own thoughts would be if anyone had to get one watch it would have to be ....... (sorry....) eco-drive
    if a proper long lasting workhorse Russian.

Vostok being one of the few,very few on a global scale, who can do the lot. There has been talk about updating the movement too. Quick set date. Would like a direct seconds myself
    Vostok rules ok
    eco -drive have there merits lots of them but a vostok has it for me but have got a lot of watch both quartz and mechanical but I think I have yet to get an eco-drive not saying I would not have looked at a few but have not got one yet

think the quick set could be helpful but if you can do the old 8-12-8 on it I am happy got a few that have to go complete around the clock which is annoying but in a loveable way I think the quirks are what make the vostok a vostok if you know what I mean
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    eco -drive have there merits lots of them but a vostok has it for me but have got a lot of watch both quartz and mechanical but I think I have yet to get an eco-drive not saying I would not have looked at a few but have not got one yet

think the quick set could be helpful but if you can do the old 8-12-8 on it I am happy got a few that have to go complete around the clock which is annoying but in a loveable way I think the quirks are what make the vostok a vostok if you know what I mean
    Name:  LGIM0386.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  291.3 KB

Name:  QuartzUSGOV.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  25.7 KB

10. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    this is worth a look a new sexier boctok grand pic's too

Another SE from Meranom

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

just another one to add

**** KOMANDIRSKIE 350514 ****

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Vostok works vid, worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhW9ZER5eQs

The clean room assy. of mainspring , and the balance , ..... and applying lume , woww.

Next vid. in the queue , ships clocks etc.