Likes Likes:  846
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Thursday - 13 August 2015 »»»»»»»»»

A long day of nursing a sick kitty and trying to catch up on my paintings is being rewarded with, first, a haircut and, second, a pool party.

Despite a reported depth rating of 760+ feet the Diastar 0 Does. Not. Swim.

Swap to the PRC 200 Powermatic and bring on the chlorinated water.

P6262213 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    No, I didn't. I sent it to the local Swatch service center. I decided to give them a chance, despite their - not so good - reputation. They accepted my conditions: no cosmetic work at all, with the exception of new pushers and crowns, because the older ones had lost their distinctive colors. Obviously, some worn parts of the movement were replaced. It was a € 640 expense.
    Shrug is right. What else is one to do? Sometimes one has to pay up for beauty and wonder.

3. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Shrug is right. What else is one to do? Sometimes one has to pay up for beauty and wonder.
    That's true, Henry. I really like this watch and I want to keep it in full working condition

5. Likes iyonk, Ryan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Honestly? I believe it was a gimmick. They made their name with their early super-waterproof watches, particularly the horse models. These are of course sea horses not regular horses. They probably picked the anchor to continue the water theme. They patented four different variations of the anchor and disc and ultimately settled on the simplest variant: a little cast anchor mounted on a disc of synthetic sapphire.

While it spins freely and is in no way attached to the movement Rado claimed it was a service indicator. When the anchor stopped spinning the movement was probably dirty too. While there probably is some correlation between a gritty disc and a dirty movement, it's just not true in a practical sense. No watchmaker is going to pop the disc out, clean it up and re-lubricate it. The only people that do that are us Radoistes.
    It's a fun little thing though.
    Apparently I have failed to mention that at least a part of choosing the anchor and making it rotate was the fact that this echoes both the appearance and the action of a winding rotor on an automatic watch.

7. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by bu11itt View Post
    SBGR083 today.

Walter, if you are seeing this, it's a test. I'm sure you'll be curious to know the outcome...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and and

9. Likes RBrylawski, bu11itt liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes iyonk liked this post