Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new field watch - opinions on MWC

Looking for a new field watch - opinions on MWC

I have a yearning for a new field watch. I'm looking for something classically styled and sized, so 34 to 36mm ideally and preferably with 24h markers.
    My budget is low (less than £100 ideally) and I'd prefer a hand winder but could live with quartz.
    Browsing led me to MWC and some of their watches are near perfect on paper but in the back of me head I have a nagging feeling that I've read bad things about them somewhere.
    What other options do I have. I've had a Smiths 36mm remake in the past which was too long in the lug for me, and currently have a CWC G10 so I am looking for something visually different (more US feeling). The 38mm Hamilton is nice but a little large.

A couple of MWCs I like.

looked in to them very mixed opinions there seems to be think If I was going that way you could get a decent second hand cwc for about the same and some of the new range are quiet reasonable too so not sure depends on price and which one and what would you like to use if for but as I say me got to be a fatboy cwc

there was a seller of them if I remember right that was doing them at auction and they was going just under the ton mark could look it up for you if you want
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    looked in to them very mixed opinions there seems to be think If I was going that way you could get a decent second hand cwc for about the same and some of the new range are quiet reasonable too so not sure depends on price and which one and what would you like to use if for but as I say me got to be a fatboy cwc

there was a seller of them if I remember right that was doing them at auction and they was going just under the ton mark could look it up for you if you want
    Cheers, ISMY, I already have a CWC G10 and love it, so am keen to get something differently styled. For £35 this MWC seems good value.
    http://www.mwcwatches.com/product_in...roducts_id=122

well for that money then yeah could be a bit of fun I would say maybe try it and then we could all know as I say they get some really mixed comments I had notices on some places but as I said for 30 odd quid you would get what you pay for so worth a punt on the just let see bases. I suppose there was one that was quite nice can't remember which one and had the most good responses.

but must be others similar I mean the old timex field watches are quite great for the money and have gone up if you can get one they seem to be only beat up one at the minute they was mech as well.

and there are a few other names but can think of them that did solid reasonable price ones
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

How much do these vintage mechanical Timex Campers in Colin63 's collection go for? I mistook it for a new quartz when I saw it!

Seems to me that MWC has its bad rep from pretending some of its watches are UK mil issue (broad arrow on dial etc) when they're not

I own a T3 G10 and it's great (plus bought it as a damaged return from MWC's ebay outlet, so a total barg). Solid, practical, keeps ticking.

Re your Smithsalike, which version was it? My W10 is 49mm L2L, and I wear it much more now it's on a 2-piece tabbed strap. On a one-piece, the strap curve overhung the sides of my wrist

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439550720.681994.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  66.8 KB
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

7. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    How much do these vintage mechanical Timex Campers in Colin63 's collection go for? I mistook it for a new quartz when I saw it!

vary's on condition and which one but very loosely £10 to £40 ish maybe a tad more depend on age and quality and seen some silly prices but say £35 to £40 for a nice one would not be terrible me well £20 quid max for a fair one .. but depends how much you want it and condition like most watches
    Last edited by is that my watch; Aug 14, 2015 at 11:19 AM. Reason: to clarify
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

suppose you got the cooper as well tow is selling one at the minute
    hang on here you go

FS : Cooper Submaster 300m diver's watch

Last edited by is that my watch; Aug 14, 2015 at 11:20 AM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post

vary's on condition and which one but very loosely £10 to £40 ish maybe a tad more depend on age and quality and seen some silly prices but say £35 to £40 for a nice one would not be terrible me well £20 quid max for a fair one .. but depends how much you want it and condition like most watches
    Yeah, the Timex is a good option - I might have a look on eBay... I had the quartz camper but my son has inherited that!

suppose you got the cooper as well tow is selling one at the minute
    hang on here you go

FS : Cooper Submaster 300m diver's watch

Cheers - definitely want field rather than diver though