Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new field watch - opinions on MWC

Have decided to take a punt on the £35 MWC Vietnam, will post pics when it arrives

2. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Cheers - definitely want field rather than diver though
    well the cooper do some nice watches don't they do they do a field range I wonder ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

4. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Have decided to take a punt on the £35 MWC Vietnam, will post pics when it arrives
    I would not much money then you can see quality and such like so we all know then
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

6. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    There's a really old watch on bargain hunt now...

wrong thread lol
    Last edited by pepperami; Aug 14, 2015 at 11:50 AM.

Think @birdynamnam said his he had in a wruw a while back was a mwc, maybe he can chime in

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Think @birdynamnam said his he had in a wruw a while back was a mwc, maybe he can chime in
    Ah yes, I admired that at the time

I detest MWC. Strong words, I know, and I don't think that way about any other watch company.

I think their ownership may have changed in recent years, but they flagrantly misled buyers and rode on the coat-tails of CWC. I don't normally nurse a grudge but I do against MWC. The watches were pretty poor, from what I saw of them on forums.

11. Likes whatmeworry, is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I detest MWC. Strong words, I know, and I don't think that way about any other watch company.

I think their ownership may have changed in recent years, but they flagrantly misled buyers and rode on the coat-tails of CWC. I don't normally nurse a grudge but I do against MWC. The watches were pretty poor, from what I saw of them on forums.
    Yes, that seems to be a fairly common sentiment from comments I've found on them from a few years ago. There does seem to be evidence that they've cleaned up their act a bit lately though, and a certain amount of smoke and mirrors seems fairly common in the industry (which isn't to say it's right). As for the quality of the watch, I've ordered one and will post my thoughts here when it arrives.

13. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post

yes that was the general feeling I got from the comments at the time but was there not a split or two company's using mwc vaguely remember something about a mech one ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Yeah, I have 2 watches with spurious broad arrows (the O&W is the other one, even has a fictitious NATO stock number)
    It's one reason I've nearly let the O&W go - so tacky
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!